View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 AM
jpc0480
Halfway to VIP Status

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

On the first page there were several people who posted comments relating to the iphone not having to be tweaked...

Are YOU kidding me? The iphone is piece of crap! Lets start off with landscape texting!!!!! They haven't even addressed this from the first version... Now lets talk customizations! They can't run a decent third party app for GPS - GOOGLE MAPS SUCKS IF YOU NEED TURN BY TURN!. If you have any other non-itunes apps, you have to jailbreak your phone JUST to be able to install them. At least with the TP I am not limited to what I can sync with the phone.

I have a stock rom on my phone with Alltel and am extremely happy with it. I always receive my phone calls, texts, voicemails, and emails with no reg edits, have made tweaks to increase performance, but those are similar tweaks that I make with my computer. Faster is better!

If you think ibonerz are not tweaking their phones guess again... My brother has an iphone and if it is his day off, I go straight to voicemail. Why because he is spending countless hours trying to add apps and hacks to his phone to get it to be just like a WINMO!

Yes winmo does suck and there are lots of room for improvement, but as far as functionality it does the job.

What have you added to the phone to not make it work, or what has your carrier done to the phone to not make it work? I would go back to your carrier and ask for a replacement.

If you want no landscape texts, and fun little squares join the apple cult. If you want a phone that lets you do what you want and customize it to fit your needs and lifestlye go with winmo.

If you're jealous of iphone users get the iphone and then spend a day adding apps that makes it function like winmo. I have had winmo for 4 years now and have loved every minute of it!

If you don't want to tweak your phone, get a razr. Straight out of the box, send/receive texts, calls, and voicemails. Oh did I mention that the battery will last a whole day or more since it does not have 528mhz processor, 288mb of ram, and an OS that will let you decide what your phone does. With the razr I think you might be able to change the wallpaper and maybe add some colors! OOH! PRETTY!