Wingzfan
PPCGeeks Regular

Wingzfan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
is this acceptable to you? after the money you spent on your device you accept this?(honestly) i had to install a battery tweak just to get 8 hrs. out of this thing. but what some of you fail to realize is i have one of the first pros.(build date 10/20/0. so it's possible that you got a good batch. mine does not work properly unless i hack and tweak it and this is my 3rd pro. my treo 700wx needed tweaking and so did my touch. so once again this is not about the pro!
Fortunately I got a pro as an upgrade so it was free otherwise I wouldnt be pleased with the cost because I think 600 dollars for a phone is nuts. However, I am not having a single issue with my phone. Im averaging 12-14 hours with minor usage and 8 or so with heavy usage. The battery does leave a bit to be desired but most people compare these batteries to other peoples phones who dont do half what these do. Im confused why if your having issues with your phone you dont replace it. If you dont have the insurance just put it on your bill for a month then replace the phone.

As for the OP praising the IPhone..My buddy has one. Its amazing all the stuff his can do, like sit on his desk and wait to be replaced for the 4th time in 2 months. Or its really cool how he can try and turn it on and it gives him this great rainbow effect on his screen shortly before it blacks out. Then theres the great thing it does when apple updates it, brick. Iphones nice if it works however having to pay to customize it sucks and not getting half the tools that WinMO phones get would drive me insane.

There isnt a phone on the market thats perfect but to say this one is an epic fail is a bit over the top. If yours dont work theres a simple solution..take it into the store and show them it dont work and you'll get a new one. Otherwise you can get about 350 for them on craigslist. Sell it and that'll pay to cancel your contract and get an iphone thru at&t.