PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I dislike this device

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Don't know how to link a single post but check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...emo#post581067

Specifically, post #119. If yours looks like that, they should replace it.
Thanks! That is what mine looks like. (Not that bad though). I'll head off to the Sprint store on Friday. Thanks for all of your help guys. Hopefully I just have a bad device build.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Prolly a batch of these TP's were made somewhere where they phuck up the manufacturing process and used somne bull isht material....I dont wanna guess China...
Old 12-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Prolly a batch of these TP's were made somewhere where they phuck up the manufacturing process and used somne bull isht material....I dont wanna guess China...
What isn't made in China these days? It's more of a surprise to see made in the USofA
Old 12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If your chrome looks like that take it back there is no way Sprint reps would argue with that.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

tell them this...cant hurt

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=124
Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
Thanks! That is what mine looks like. (Not that bad though). I'll head off to the Sprint store on Friday. Thanks for all of your help guys. Hopefully I just have a bad device build.
yeh def take it back and get a new one.

I got a Pro the first week it was released and the build was horrible- earpiece was crackly, loose slider, raised dpad, chrome issues, etc etc. Wen tthrough 4 of them within a week and then just returned it (all the early "crappy" October builds).

i will admitt i harshly judged the Pro at that point, BUT i had a very valid reason with 4 with so many major issues and going back and forth to return them and sit an hour to get a new one programmed

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago. Picked one up on sale at Best Buy for 199. Couldnt be happier with the build now. Earpiece sounds good, flush dpad, slider is tighter, no chrome issues. Everything feels like it should be now and Im happy with it on the November built one.

Moral of the story is the ones built before november or so have major issues with the build and go back and exchange it. the new ones are MUCH better
Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

If you're that unhappy with the phone, I'd take it back and either reactivate your old phone or trade in for one that fits your needs... and if you're at a Sprint store, no way are they gonna ruin their Christmas sales season by losing a customer by telling you you're past your 30 days.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:49 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I've got a 6900 Touch I'll trade you for it. I work in the electronics industry, defective chrome or not, what have you been doing to make dings in it? But pm me if you want to trade....

Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
yeh def take it back and get a new one.

I got a Pro the first week it was released and the build was horrible- earpiece was crackly, loose slider, raised dpad, chrome issues, etc etc. Wen tthrough 4 of them within a week and then just returned it (all the early "crappy" October builds).

i will admitt i harshly judged the Pro at that point, BUT i had a very valid reason with 4 with so many major issues and going back and forth to return them and sit an hour to get a new one programmed

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago. Picked one up on sale at Best Buy for 199. Couldnt be happier with the build now. Earpiece sounds good, flush dpad, slider is tighter, no chrome issues. Everything feels like it should be now and Im happy with it on the November built one.

Moral of the story is the ones built before november or so have major issues with the build and go back and exchange it. the new ones are MUCH better
I just picked one few days my third tp and finally have good device. Battery is awesome compare to my old tp and voice quality is crisp no static. I was on skyfire for half hour to test if it heats and no heat!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemas View Post
I went to the store and they wouldn't replace my device. they said that I had to take it up with Best buy?????? I didn't have the above listed information so I'll try again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro