PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I dislike this device

Sprint said that it's been over 30 days so that I would have to make an insurance claim. Do we have confirmation that earlier devices were recalled due to the chrome coming off from Sprint. If I could refer to a published Sprint recall document on the web, it would make my conversations with customer service go much smother. Thanks guys.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Chrome was one of many things he had problem with though right?
Yeah, but that would be enough to get the phone replaced if he's past his initial 30 days.

As Chron said, these same problems were common in the earlier builds.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
Sprint said that it's been over 30 days so that I would have to make an insurance claim. Do we have confirmation that earlier devices were recalled due to the chrome coming off from Sprint. If I could refer to a published Sprint recall document on the web, it would make my conversations with customer service go much smother. Thanks guys.
Apparently there was a memo that went out to all sprint stores. I don't think anyone actually posted the memo on the boards but I could be mistaken. Tell them about the chrome and you should be good.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started

Getting back to the chrome issue, I can lightly rub my fingernail across the chrome and it comes off!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Sprint said that it's been over 30 days so that I would have to make an insurance claim. Do we hace confirmation that earlier devices were recalled due to the chrome coming off from Sprint. If I could refer to a publish Sprint recall document on the web, it would make my conversations with customer service go much smother. Thanks guys.
there was a recall on the TP for the chrome. And yes, they are as of now on national backorder pretty much.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Johnny dude, a Sprint employee posted on here that if your TP falls in a certin range of serial number , you get a replacement. I dont believe you need or can find a document however you can find the right rep to help ya I am sure
Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Bring it into one of local sprint store and show them.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Good idea if you are ok driving to the store...
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Getting back to the chrome issue, I can lightly rub my fingernail across the chrome and it comes off!
Don't know how to link a single post but check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...emo#post581067

Specifically, post #119. If yours looks like that, they should replace it.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

agreed, take it into a store repair center. you still have a 1-year warranty on the phone, or you can use TEP to get a new one sent to you. the 30-day time period is just to give you a chance to change to a different phone in case you didnt like the first one.

[

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro