PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I dislike this device

I'm sorry. I know that this is blasphemy here in this forum. But I really hate the Touch Pro. I've had no less than 6 different PPC's in my lifetime, and I really can't stand this thing. It should be so much better than it is. It's sluggish, poorly built, and buggy as all hell. After only a couple of weeks, my chrome is coming off all over the place. I never put the thing in my pocket with anything else. No keys no coins, nothing, yet it looks all chipped up.

And I swear, if I open up the sliding keyboard one more time only to have that second "HTC 8 Button Today" screen pop up in the middle of typing I'm going to throw it away.

My Plain old HTC Touch was better than this. I held on to this device for more than 30 days hoping that a new ROM would be released fixing the bugs on this thing so it's too late to take it back... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't get me wrong, the TP has some good aspects, like wifi and a nice screen. But it really seems like HTC jammed all of these features into the device and kept usability as an afterthought. I nearly threw this thing in the toilet trying to surf Walmarts website with opera. Completely F***ing useless.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: I dislike this device

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
I'm sorry. I know that this is blasphemy here in this forum. But I really hate the Touch Pro. I've had no less than 6 different PPC's in my lifetime, and I really can't stand this thing. It should be so much better than it is. It's sluggish, poorly built, and buggy as all hell. After only a couple of weeks, my chrome is coming off all over the place. I never put the thing in my pocket with anything else. No keys no coins, nothing, yet it looks all chipped up.

And I swear, if I open up the sliding keyboard one more time only to have that second "HTC 8 Button Today" screen pop up in the middle of typing I'm going to throw it away.

My Plain old HTC Touch was better than this. I held on to this device for more than 30 days hoping that a new ROM would be released fixing the bugs on this thing so it's too late to take it back... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't get me wrong, the TP has some good aspects, like wifi and a nice screen. But it really seems like HTC jammed all of these features into the device and kept usability as an afterthought. I nearly threw this thing in the toilet trying to surf Walmarts website with opera. Completely F***ing useless.
Return it and get another phone. The end.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started

I am on the phone with Sprint as we speak. I will update.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Over 30 days of usage. Little too late to return it.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

insurance

Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Over 30 days of usage. Little too late to return it.
Chrome chipped and it wasn't his fault. There is a recall on it. Since they are on backorder anyways he can just get a different phone if he is so displeased with the TP.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

It does appear that you have an earlier release and need a new phone. I remember reading a post here that Sprint stores would take back phones with chrome coming off in the corners, no questions asked.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah the chrome chipping is reason enough for them to hook you up with a replacement. What you're describing with the 8 button thing popping up when you extend the keyboard, along with the chrome chipping, is indicative of the early build's problems. The new one you get should be better.

Oh, also, try using Skyfire for walmart's website. It's a good browser for sites where you need it to look exactly as it does on your desktop. It even supports flash.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Chrome was one of many things he had problem with though right?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Good luck Johnny dude, give it a second chance man, we all used different ppc's ,this is the best you can get , just get a good unit...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro