PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

I think this is being blown out of proportion. I have one of the newer ones (01/06/2009), but never owned the first revision TP, so I wouldn't know how the original screen looked like. I can however attest to the fact that the viewing angle absolutely fine and is essentially 180 degrees. I thought my screen was normal white until I saw this thread. I guess if I was forced to choose whether its more 'blue' or more 'yellow', I would probably say its very slightly leaning towards the warmer temperature.

The human eye/brain is able to adjust automatically adjust white balance. So unless its really tilted in one side of the temperature spectrum, or placed side by side, to most users it shouldn't matter if its slightly bluer or yellower. You might be upset that its different from your original, eventually you'll get used to it. If you were like me and never had an original to play with, you would've never even thought to question the temperature of the screen.

As for brightness, the TP is much brighter than my Mogul, but since I never had the original TP I can't speak to that. If anything that would be the only thing I would be upset about.

I am however very glad I don't have any of the problems that a lot of people complained about with the 001 revision TP's, i.e. laggy TFlo3D, laggy GPS, creaky door, bad chrome, etc.

This thread kind of reminds of the the guy who complained that the bottom buttons were 'blacker' than his original ones and insisted that it was ugly. All I'm saying is that it's not that bad, and quite frankly it seems like the new build quality is far superior of the 001 revisions. I just wouldn't try to swap out my phone for a different screen and give up all the tweaks the TP hardware has gotten.

Time to put on my flame retardant suit
Old 02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You're right, it is a bit petty. You know how people are though. When something you like changes to something you like less, you typically aren't too happy about it. Especially when it is something you use frequently. I'm pretty much over it and have accepted the fact that there is nothing I can do to get that clean, crisp, white display back (Wiping a tear from my eye as I think of all the fond memories I have of that great display...). Trust me, if you lined 2 Pro's with different screens up and had to choose one, I'm 99% sure you would not pick ol' yeller.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i received a new replacement today and the screen is yellow. but as stated earlier, all the screens are not as white as the first version. so to all who want a white screen, you might want to hold on to your original. but i notice the rom on my soon to be old one is 1.03.651.3. the new one is 1.03.651.4.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

old thread...i know. but yeah, i got a replacement today and placed it by my older WHITE screen touch pro and i'm bummed.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

i JUST HAD MY pRO REPLACED. bRAND NEW BUILD IN aPRIL 09. dAMN THING HAS A YELLOW SCREEN. DAMN CAPS.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

ropp29 is a n00b

I just got a replacement TP from US Cellular and it has the yellow screen. Not sure about build date; I don't know how to find that. But I don't know whether or not to send it back, because aside from that the build quality is much better than my old broken one. Pretty sure I won't be buying another HTC phone for a while. I really wish I would not have ever got the stupid Touch Pro in the first place.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

have a similar issue with my replacement...

the screen seems to be a bit brighter... the old TP had a much more vivid image...

and with the old TP i could view the screen from any angle... with the new one tho... the screen turns whiter(cloudy) the more acute the angle.

not a big deal... just awkward.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro