PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

i just received my replacement touch pro, and the screen is very yellowish, compared to the crisp white screen of my older one... anyone else experience this? i'm going to have to call sprint and have them mail me another one.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

Sorry about that dude, post a pic,this is not normal. Dat isht gotta go back.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i just received my replacement touch pro, and the screen is very yellowish, compared to the crisp white screen of my older one... anyone else experience this? i'm going to have to call sprint and have them mail me another one.
Yeah, I just got my replacement today (Merry Christmas!)

I LOVE IT!

My old one had 1-2 bars of service here, this one has 4-6... YES!

The bottom keys aren't coming up

The back doesn't creak (the cover fits very tightly)

No broken earpiece, keyboard slide feels good, I'm very pleased!

Main issue though, I agree, the screen seems very yellow, noticably... Maybe I've gotten used to looking at the white screen of my Oct 16th manufacture date phone... People did complain about the screens being a bit yellow. I am going to wait a week or two to see if it gets any better.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:58 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i don't have my digital camera here, but its noticably yellow... i dunno. i put the phones side by side, and my old one is like almost blue its so white, and this is very yellow.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Dont worry thats, just a different screen used for easier stylus support.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dont settle for less and talk your self out of sending it back. it isn't going to change in 4 weeks from yelloe to normal...Just make up your mind right now and send that isht back. oh yeah do a HR on it and see whatcha get..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i did a hard reset as soon as i got the phone, and while i was customizing it, i realized that something was off with the screen. it looked a bit dull, like the colors weren't right. i put it up next to my other one, and yeah... its completely yellow compared to it. this pic kinda shows it, but at the very least, you can see that the lcd is actually dull compared to the other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4482.JPG (53.8 KB, 435 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Decidion is just getting started

I picked up my first TP a week ago and on about day three I noticed a yellowish area in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Almost as if someone took a mostly dried out highlighter and swiped across the screen a little. It isn't on the screen protector or glass...it's something on the LCD panel ltself. I'll probably just wait until after the holiday madness and trade in for another one.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

my current phone works fine, but for a while it was crashing and whatnot even after a hard reset.. i dunno what happened. i flashed to another rom and its been fine. the chrome is cracked on it, and i figured there might be some things fixed in a new unit, so i was going to use the new one... but after seeing the screen, if this is how all the new ones are, i'll stick to what i have.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grandmasterlarry is just getting started

This might sound dumb but is the brightness set to the same on both phones? Turn them both up to max and compare. Post another pic of that so we can get a good idea of what’s going on here…

GML
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i did a hard reset as soon as i got the phone, and while i was customizing it, i realized that something was off with the screen. it looked a bit dull, like the colors weren't right. i put it up next to my other one, and yeah... its completely yellow compared to it. this pic kinda shows it, but at the very least, you can see that the lcd is actually dull compared to the other one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro