View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

I think this is being blown out of proportion. I have one of the newer ones (01/06/2009), but never owned the first revision TP, so I wouldn't know how the original screen looked like. I can however attest to the fact that the viewing angle absolutely fine and is essentially 180 degrees. I thought my screen was normal white until I saw this thread. I guess if I was forced to choose whether its more 'blue' or more 'yellow', I would probably say its very slightly leaning towards the warmer temperature.

The human eye/brain is able to adjust automatically adjust white balance. So unless its really tilted in one side of the temperature spectrum, or placed side by side, to most users it shouldn't matter if its slightly bluer or yellower. You might be upset that its different from your original, eventually you'll get used to it. If you were like me and never had an original to play with, you would've never even thought to question the temperature of the screen.

As for brightness, the TP is much brighter than my Mogul, but since I never had the original TP I can't speak to that. If anything that would be the only thing I would be upset about.

I am however very glad I don't have any of the problems that a lot of people complained about with the 001 revision TP's, i.e. laggy TFlo3D, laggy GPS, creaky door, bad chrome, etc.

This thread kind of reminds of the the guy who complained that the bottom buttons were 'blacker' than his original ones and insisted that it was ugly. All I'm saying is that it's not that bad, and quite frankly it seems like the new build quality is far superior of the 001 revisions. I just wouldn't try to swap out my phone for a different screen and give up all the tweaks the TP hardware has gotten.

Time to put on my flame retardant suit