PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Jeremy W is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite26 View Post
(Also, I ran mine on stock, I'm not brave enough to do anything major yet)
Ironically enough, applying this GPS fix is more major than installing a custom ROM.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good point maybe bored will update post #1 for us when he gets on.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

For first time users I felt it was pretty simple. You download and install the fix then run PPST. Only other thing is turn locations on and ofcourse *228 OTA which is fairly simple as well. Everything else is software related which isn't really the topic of this thread.

For people who had to step up from v1 to v2, well yeah that's a little more involved. But still seems simpler to me as opposed to unlocking you device then flashing a radio and then flashing a ROM. That seems a little bit more major to me but then again it's just my opinion.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Verizon

bifmac is a n00b

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is QuickGPS required? I wasn't able to get it to work (it kept saying it couldn't connect).
Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

soft reset then try to run it again

it never works the first time for some stupid reason
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro

Billy_Bob is a n00b

I am new to this and agree that installing the GPS fix made me more nervous than installing a new ROM. I'm not sure why - it just seemed more dangerous than loading a proven ROM, I think because of the first issues with the Roaming indicator and such. However, after reading several posts and comments about BOREDS work, I just decided to trust his hard work and that he had all the angles covered and dove in.

I read the instructions and follow up posts to see what problems people had. I decided most of the trouble was due to not following the instructions exactly. So I read them one more time, followed them to a 'T' and it worked perfectly the first time. Even google maps popped up and worked great.

If you aren't comfortable, keep reading posts. Knowing the issues others had and that they were resolved and that the people in this Forum won't leave you hanging gives you the confidence to dive in.

Also follow the instructions these guys give you exactly. If you aren't sure about a step, ask - just like the guy several posts back who asked if the resets listed were hard or soft.

This is a great forum filled with great people and with their help, your phone will perform 190% better than it does now!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b

I think bored's ROMs include the GPS fix so if you think it is easier to install a ROM you could try one of his
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

no they dont... i dont want people to have to do OTA programming everytime they flash my rom

if you are on verizon and have NOT unlocked your gps you will need to do so with the instruction in post 1

if you have unlocked it the only way you will need to do so again is
1. you flashed a shipped ROM
2. the custom rom you flashed contains a different PRI

other than that you're good to go

as far as danger goes..... yeah it could be argued that it can be dangerous messing with pri's and such but no more than unlocking and relocking the device can be
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b

OK I'm a little confused here. If the GPS fix in not included in all of your ROMs (I thought it was for some reason), that means only Verizon subscribers can get their GPS lag fixed?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

my fix is not for lag it is to unlock the gps chip the verizon so nicely locked down for us

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro