View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Billy_Bob
Lurker

Billy_Bob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I am new to this and agree that installing the GPS fix made me more nervous than installing a new ROM. I'm not sure why - it just seemed more dangerous than loading a proven ROM, I think because of the first issues with the Roaming indicator and such. However, after reading several posts and comments about BOREDS work, I just decided to trust his hard work and that he had all the angles covered and dove in.

I read the instructions and follow up posts to see what problems people had. I decided most of the trouble was due to not following the instructions exactly. So I read them one more time, followed them to a 'T' and it worked perfectly the first time. Even google maps popped up and worked great.

If you aren't comfortable, keep reading posts. Knowing the issues others had and that they were resolved and that the people in this Forum won't leave you hanging gives you the confidence to dive in.

Also follow the instructions these guys give you exactly. If you aren't sure about a step, ask - just like the guy several posts back who asked if the resets listed were hard or soft.

This is a great forum filled with great people and with their help, your phone will perform 190% better than it does now!