PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
I have the HTC Touch Pro and I followed every instruction to the "t" and I couldn't get my gps unlocked. Can anyone think of something simple I am missing?

Make sure you location is turned on in your phone settings. If it still don't work try to install PPST1.46 run PPST.exe then reapply the GPS Fix again. Some people have been able to get it working by doing those steps after trying the first time.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 02-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

DiscGo is a n00b

I have the location turned on, so I'll try the other version. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon T Pro, HP Hx-4700

Wild Bill is a n00b

Quote:
I have the location turned on, so I'll try the other version. Thanks.
Newby, I have tried all this, for Quick GPS, I get message to call from landline. Do I need to set-up a service? I have Survey grade GPS on my HP hx4700, but, stumpling around on 1st PDA/Phone (LOL) Installed Certs, soft reset, Installed V2 GPS fix, reset called, all Stock, while deciding ROM to Flash, wanted GPS.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Lurker

Wild Bill is a n00b

Newby, Third time I called it worked!!! Must be a VZW thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DiscGo is a n00b

I got it unlocked, but it keeps cutting in and out on me. I am trying to use the Google maps. Sometimes it gets a signal and other times I can be in the exact same place and it will tell me that I do not have a GPS.

I set my Google maps to use manual instead of windows manger for gps settings and I configured it for Com4 at 4800 and it is inconsistently recognized. Do you guys get this at all?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I got it unlocked, but it keeps cutting in and out on me. I am trying to use the Google maps. Sometimes it gets a signal and other times I can be in the exact same place and it will tell me that I do not have a GPS.

I set my Google maps to use manual instead of windows manger for gps settings and I configured it for Com4 at 4800 and it is inconsistently recognized. Do you guys get this at all?

Have you installed QuickGPS and downloaded the most current satellite almanac. If not please do so. Information is in post 1 toward the bottom.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Have you installed QuickGPS and downloaded the most current satellite almanac. If not please do so. Information is in post 1 toward the bottom.
I have seen similar issues before (and also with google). I think that the empherical data is not being correctly read or updated. I had this problem a couple of years ago on a trip. I shut off the GPS receiver in VA, and tried to start it in FL....it wouldn't shift locations...Mfr said I needed to do a "Cold start"....to force it to load the most current data....(this probably would be in the HTC GPS tool. I recently had the same problem in Google, only my location hadn't changed. I opened my GPS Nav program, had it locate my current position (mainly to prove it was working) and I went back to Google and it was able to find my location.

I am currently having other issues with google. It will either track me for about 5 minutes and then it will either lock up, or shut down completely. Haven't solved that one yet. Right now, I don't consider Google Maps a reliable source for navigation. I think that it is more of a nice toy, that is useful as long as you don't want to run it for extended periods of time.

Bob
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker

travisgiese is a n00b

I am wondering if anyone knows of a patch for a samsung omnia that will fix the GPS so I will not have to use VzNavigator????
I would like to use Google Maps.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm looking into it. The Omnia does not program like the Touch Pro or I would of already had it fixed. Give it time. Hopefully I'll beat VZW to it.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker

Wild Bill is a n00b

I have my TP, up and running, used Google Maps, updated (HTC tool) almanac, claims 30m accuracy, used a Gobalstat B/T 359 reciever, 20m. This device (TP) needs help, updates slow and Google maps cant keep up, lose "Lock" at about 85 mph. But, compairing it to my highly moded HP hx4700, TP does not lose "Lock" with Globalstat B/T 359 though. No more Programs, untill I decide on New ROM. Thanks everyone, for all your Hard work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro