PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
I have my TP, up and running, used Google Maps, updated (HTC tool) almanac, claims 30m accuracy, used a Gobalstat B/T 359 reciever, 20m. This device (TP) needs help, updates slow and Google maps cant keep up, lose "Lock" at about 85 mph. But, compairing it to my highly moded HP hx4700, TP does not lose "Lock" with Globalstat B/T 359 though. No more Programs, untill I decide on New ROM. Thanks everyone, for all your Hard work.
Wild Bill,
Using Bored's fix, I am running OCN8 and iGuidance directly with no problem of losing lock. However, I do lose lock with Google. I think it's Google, not the TP. I've also run a variety of different GPS tools and apps with no problem. Even running them all at the same time. If you want a reasonably priced GPS package, go to http://www.zorrogps.com/US/ If you're not from the US, copy and paste the main address. US and Canada will cost about $32. However, with all their different add-ons, I'm not sure exactly what you will get. Their download site doesn't open till tomorrow.
As far as a ROM goes, I'd suggest that you check out this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54568
He has both Preconstructed ones, and a VERY simple kitchen where you can pick and choose to make your own. I never flashed a ROM before and had no problems with his. Again, you might want to wait a day or 2 because he is testing a new set of ROMS, and can be used with either Sprint or Verizon TP's.
Bob

Last edited by oldman; 02-04-2009 at 12:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok for what is worth...i was using a sprint tp flashed to vzw and a hacked prl. it was using a sprint pri im sure...but any who.. i read in this thread that installing the version 2 fix would help me get rid of the red triangle...but it didnt work...after i did the banner was gone and a *228 brought the arrow back

i also tried running the eri.bin from the conversion post...that didnt help either
Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
ok for what is worth...i was using a sprint tp flashed to vzw and a hacked prl. it was using a sprint pri im sure...but any who.. i read in this thread that installing the version 2 fix would help me get rid of the red triangle...but it didnt work...after i did the banner was gone and a *228 brought the arrow back

i also tried running the eri.bin from the conversion post...that didnt help either
We can't get rid of the roaming triangle other than by using a modded PRL on verizonized Sprint TP's. Try that if you haven't already.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm that I installed this on a stock VZW Touch Pro (ROM 1.03.605.4, Radio 1.03.03V) and it works!! I followed the instructions, skipping steps 2-5 as indicating, and including the installation of QuickGPS.

I use Google Maps for my GPS navigation and I had to configure it to use the GPS device COM4@4800 baud. It didn't work when configured to use the windows managed device.

Many thanks to lllboredlll!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon T Pro, HP Hx-4700

Wild Bill is a n00b

Google Maps, I have used this enough to be fairly proficient with. I use it a little differently on my PPC. I load maps, I will need, trick it (Usually Wi-Fi) start it up, on my home PC (Turn Wi-Fi off when loses signal) and as long as I don't drive off "Maps" it scrolls right along. I find it interesting, that it does not work much better on a Phone. I had minor problems, getting the on-board GPS to fire up this AM, soft reset, run HTC tool, can not get it to use The Windows Managed though. I am a Surveyor, the screen is really too small, but, I have about 10K in GPS/Navigation programs on my PPC. I will eventually migrate some on this, more to Test and just because. I have already used a Topcon Hiper lite +, and a Trimble 5800 GPS receiver with it. I am watching the F/B & testing on ROMs. SSK 1.4 or Juicys conspiracy ROM? I have both, but, on this device and need it for college, so, better stay with the SAC (SSK 1.4) I need a good platform (ROM) to really "test" anything. I have a little GPS experience ('82 on) and really want to play. Special Thanks to everyone!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
We can't get rid of the roaming triangle other than by using a modded PRL on verizonized Sprint TP's. Try that if you haven't already.

thats what i actually fully dont under stand...if its running a verizon pri and rom then why do we need a hacked prl...what is being left behind.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
thats what i actually fully dont under stand...if its running a verizon pri and rom then why do we need a hacked prl...what is being left behind.
Don't know, everyone is as baffled as you are.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Don't know, everyone is as baffled as you are.

lol..i really think that once we get an actual shipping rom vs leaked that might help...

also i did this gps fix...not that i use it often but does agps work yet
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro

rcluster is just getting started

After applying this fix some time ago, my GPS is working great with Google Maps and with National Geographic TOPO. Both of these programs allow me to set the COM port for incoming GPS data.

I have a couple of Amateur Radio APRS programs that I would really like to get working but they do not have the option to specify the COM port. The author of one of them said that he uses the "Windows API" to receive the GPS data. Neither of these programs appear to receive any GPS data at all.

I think he is working on a mod to his program that will allow me to choose the COM port. Until that happens, anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Ron
Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid

pscpa is a n00b

I am getting a "No GPS receiver was found" msg after folling all of the instructions. Does anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro