PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Yes your GPS is working. I see in your sig you have a Sprint device so yes you have aGPS but the people with the Verizon device dont.

Your GPS activates when you open a program that accesses it
i do have a question about that because...gps on my sprint to vzw conversion works fine

however if i go into google maps...the my location thing will not work unless i use gps.

im using mighty 4.14 right now and im still running a sprint pri (1.53.0 or what ever it is) I do not have your fix installed. as everything seems to be fine..or is it?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

Quote:
Yes your GPS is working. I see in your sig you have a Sprint device so yes you have aGPS but the people with the Verizon device dont.

Your GPS activates when you open a program that accesses it
Well I was mistaken. It is not working. Anytime I open TomTom now it just says "No GPS Device" then switches to "Looking for signal", then back to "No GPS Device" a few seconds later, then keeps doing that back and forth...whats the deal?
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

check your gps settings in tomtom first off

then use htcgpstool to see if you can get a lock

i dont think you need to prime tomtom but i may be wrong

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
i do have a question about that because...gps on my sprint to vzw conversion works fine

however if i go into google maps...the my location thing will not work unless i use gps.

im using mighty 4.14 right now and im still running a sprint pri (1.53.0 or what ever it is) I do not have your fix installed. as everything seems to be fine..or is it?
you're on a sprint device... your only gps issues will come from setups... other than that you're good to go
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Ok I am having a little issue with my signal since I did the lllboredlll GPS fix, right after unlocking my GPS and soft reset it I instantly had a better signal as indicated by the "bars". Now I know the bars are not the most accurate way to judge your signal but I instantly had 5 bars in my house which is really unusual for my Touch Pro. All my other devices always have good signal in my house but the Touch Pro has ALWAYS lacked.

So I didnt think to much about it until I got to work today and in our 25,000 square foot metal building/shop I have always got 1-2 bars anywhere in the building and and 0-1 bar in the bathroom( ) but today it is a consistant 4 bars in the shop and 2 in the bathroom........... anybody else notice this or am I getting all excited for nothing?

Anyways the point of my story is I was able to play on the internet while in the bathroom without losing the connection , YAY!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
you're on a sprint device... your only gps issues will come from setups... other than that you're good to go

so the my location in google doesnt work then becuause of ?

it works if gps is enabled but if its not.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

Just a tip, GPS Today from http://www.geoterrestrial.com/ is very handy for the touch pro and does a fine job of initializing the GPS. It's also got the handiest weather app I've seen (updates for your current location).
Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ReaperBoy is a n00b

i cant seem to get the gps to find sattalites. I have followed the directions and i still cant find sats with the htc gps tool.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ReaperBoy is a n00b

ok i got 1 satellite used but still no locks.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

install and run quickgps then try again....make sure you read throughly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro