PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE: WTF Rainbow looking circle

I really think this has to do with your digitizer. I don't see why Sprint would have a problem replacing it even if you don't have TEP. It should be within the 1yr manufacturers warranty.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
11/18..... i'm pretty sure because it feels different and i don't remember the power button being so big.. BUT than again i can be mistaken.. i will compare it to my cousin probably around friday. I would post some pics but don't have a camera..
Possible new build? Where are you located? I just got another one for my wife last night at a Sprint store and it was the same as mine. However, we did a hard reset from as soon as it finished its initial boot. The volume was good from the getgo. The volume on it was as loud as mine (mine has the volume patch), even though hers still had that stock full screen protector that covers the earpiece.

I have until today to exchange at Best Buy. I went yesterday and theirs seemed the same as mine. Maybe I'll try another Best Buy today, or just return it and wait a bit to get a new one. I can't stand the volume being so buzzy with the patch, but too low without it.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Im located in Las vegas, it's probably a mistake. I have to look at my cousin or someone could post a pic of the power button, i swear it feels more bigger. Plus, i think they fix the hitting issue.. im going to stream music from skyfire and i will report back.

One thing still the same for sure, is putting the screen protector on is b*****! There no way not to have a bubble..
Old 12-19-2008, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

grock is just getting started

ive had this problem b4 on touch devices... im going to assume, that you have big fingers like i do, and that you have pressed to hard on the screen and damaged it thus resulting in a color bleed, ive done this to 2 of my ipods over the years by getting pissed and trying to do a reset and it not reseting, and getting even more pissed and attempting to reset in a more physical manor thinking it wasnt registering me hitting the buttons

just my 2 cents, damn my potato fingers
Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

I have this exact same problem... It is a square in the middle of my screen. I bought mine at Best Buy about 2 months ago now. Will they still take it back? I have insurance so I figure I could go that route, but they are taking weeks to get replacements in.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
I have this exact same problem... It is a square in the middle of my screen. I bought mine at Best Buy about 2 months ago now. Will they still take it back? I have insurance so I figure I could go that route, but they are taking weeks to get replacements in.
I don't know if BestBuy honors the 1 yr manufacturers warranty, but you can try. Just tell them about the defect.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
If you try...can you let us know the results? I got mine from BB on Nov. 1 and then had it replaced the next week.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

I just noticed this on mine tonight while I was out at a store. For me it is a rectangular shaped area in the center of the screen. It does look like a bit of an oil slick and has that rainbow look to it. It is not on the surface of the screen and can not be wiped away. I remembered seeing this thread and came home to look into it. Oddly enough, as I was firing up PPCgeeks and getting ready to search for "rainbow" I looked at my TP's screen and the rainbow is gone! I think on the first page someone mentioned that it is only noticeable under florescent lighting. That's probably what they had in the store and why I don't notice it here. I'll look into that more. If I do decide to claim it to sprint, I just hope their store has florescent lighting as well.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

My bad, the power button is the same. But one thing, i can last a whole day without a charge with some usage, email, sms and internet. The only thing i have not configured is S2U2 and email to pull from the server every 30min. So, if someone is having poor battery strength, uninstall S2U2 and try it out. Email is a must so, im going to configure that tonight and test the battery usage and report back.

To every one with a chip/rainbow screen on there phone, go to best buy and explain to them it is a defect on the hardware. They will replace it for you, if not, it's worth a try. i got a replacement and a price match. So it worth trying.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

I'm assuming that is if you bought it from best buy right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro