PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE: WTF Rainbow looking circle

Somebody need to do a myth buster on this RAINBOW CIRCLE....... What is the real cause, the pressure, the digitizer or maybe it's just a defect from the screen.. hmmm...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
Somebody need to do a myth buster on this RAINBOW CIRCLE....... What is the real cause, the pressure, the digitizer or maybe it's just a defect from the screen.. hmmm...
I think it's a combination of the two... Defect AND pressure..

People have accidentally sat on my phone and I haven't had an issue, but I bet if I kept it in my pocket and I was a construction worker, I'd end up breaking it...
Old 12-22-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Guys, I did my best to capture what it looks like. The tricky part is that you can only see the rainbow when your looking at it directly reflecting florescent light. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0711[1].jpg (54.1 KB, 375 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

lioness810 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
Guys, I did my best to capture what it looks like. The tricky part is that you can only see the rainbow when your looking at it directly reflecting florescent light. Hope this helps.
My spot isn't that big yet only about a half inch wide...
Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:

Wow.. your spot is big, it almost cover the whole screen. I wonder if there is a possible fix for this. someone should try to go to sprint and ask what the hell it is.. it bound to happen to everyone.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
It's a common problem. Your LCD "layers" have basically separated. You will need a replacement. You might get it covered under warranty, but most likely they will call it abuse. Tell them you keep it in the stock case.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

How does LCD layer separate? I treat my phone better than most things in my life including females i don't get how it just separate like that or if it even separation. lol
Old 12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

OK thanks for the update bro

Old 12-22-2008, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
How does LCD layer separate? I treat my phone better than most things in my life including females i don't get how it just separate like that or if it even separation. lol
The digitizer can separate, and it causes a polarization effect. I guess they are bonded, and once enough force, or temperature, or (insert random event,) happens, (or doesn't happen,) they separate...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

Paul_Hammons is becoming a great contributor

My wife's Diamond got that spot that then grew to the size of her whole screen. Then all of a sudden the screen stopped working. No picture, not accepting any touch commands. It was a clear rainbow ring around the whole outside edge of the screen.

We took it into Sprint, they took it apart and it was all oily on the inside. They tried to claim that it was water damage, that "she somehow must have had condensation on the inside or something and that's what caused it". Apparently condensation is not covered either, btw.

After a few minutes of arguing with the manager, that LCD is short for "LIQUID Crystal Displays" and forcing her to rub her finger in the fluid and tell me again that it is water when it is clearly a slick oil and the water damage tag hadn't changed, she finally agreed to return her phone. Clearly the LCD delaminated and all of the LIQUID split out of it, into the phone. She has only had it 15 days.

She also had "auto-lock" enabled, so the phone kept wanting the password typed in to access anything, including Activesync. She was unable to back up her pictures or anything since there is no keyboard on which to enter the lock code. Apparently sprint techs there could not override it and transfer her pictures for her, either. Never again will I have a phone without a keyboard.

So if you are in the early stages, get it replaced now, before the screen leaks all of it's LCD oil out and Sprint tries to claim water damage.

Her new Touch Pro already has a new dime sized rainbow right in the middle of her screen. 20 days on that one. Terribly frustrating and bad lcd touch screens from Sprint.

-Paul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro