PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE:Rainbow looking circle

Hmm I thought it was just me having this problem wow didnt realize this was such a big issue. Well I have to get my phone replaced anyway since my keyboard died .
Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

With the TP "off" dont know if people have 2 pros and can put them side by side, but I noticed that the one with the rainbow the touchscreen hardware has a kinda gold/greenish film look and my other TP is a dark black film....so they are two different hardware screens all together.

Personal TP got it in Oct with no problems with rainbow
Work TP got it two weeks ago has a rainbow

Must be done under "fluorescent" lighting to really see the rainbow/oilslick blob

maybe the gold/greenish film touchscreen is a defect? ...just a thought
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 03-10-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

I just received my 3rd touch pro last week because of that smudge on the screen, its very annoying at night time with the light on, you can't really see it in a day time. when you press in that area the smudge becomes huge, almost covering the whole screen.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
I just received my 3rd touch pro last week because of that smudge on the screen, its very annoying at night time with the light on, you can't really see it in a day time. when you press in that area the smudge becomes huge, almost covering the whole screen.
poor duck....does the touchscreens with the TP off look like a gold/greenish tint film?

Trying to see if the gold/greenish tint touchscreen is a defect.

My personal TP touchscreen has a black tint film look which I got in Oct and have no rainbow/oilslick problem.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
poor duck....does the touchscreens with the TP off look like a gold/greenish tint film?

Trying to see if the gold/greenish tint touchscreen is a defect.

My personal TP touchscreen has a black tint film look which I got in Oct and have no rainbow/oilslick problem.
No, my new one has black tint touch screen, the one I sent was gold/greenish and the annoying rainbow spot.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
No, my new one has black tint touch screen, the one I sent was gold/greenish and the annoying rainbow spot.
maybe these gold/greenish touchscreen are bad?

if you dont have a problem with the black tint touchscreen we might have a clue on these rainbow/oilslick touchscreen issues.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
maybe these gold/greenish touchscreen are bad?

if you dont have a problem with the black tint touchscreen we might have a clue on these rainbow/oilslick touchscreen issues.
I dont have any problem with the new phone, I think this last build is the best so far, no issues yet, even that huge gab that was in the keyboard is gone and now the 2 parts are well put together.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

Is there any relation perhaps to people who have this problem and people who arent using the stock battery?? Perhaps a radiation problem, or overheating problem?? I have this problem on my 3 week old TP and I use the Seidio 1500 mAh battery. I was just wondering if these batteries bause more overheating, or give off more radiation and have an influence on this problem. If not, then I just need to swap this phone out..
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

does your touchscreen look gold/greenish tint film or black.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
Is there any relation perhaps to people who have this problem and people who arent using the stock battery?? Perhaps a radiation problem, or overheating problem?? I have this problem on my 3 week old TP and I use the Seidio 1500 mAh battery. I was just wondering if these batteries bause more overheating, or give off more radiation and have an influence on this problem. If not, then I just need to swap this phone out..
Not for me. Mine was on a stock battery. The good thing about it is that insurance covers it for free, it's a known issue. My sprint store was nice enough to give me a spare battery for my trouble and my replacement TP seems to run smoother then my first so all in all this wasn't that big a deal.

I would suspect that this problem might occur from too much pressure being applied to the screen and the layers that make up the touch sensitive LCD de-laminate. For example if you sat on your phone or maybe stepped on it this may bring on the screen problem although I can't recall doing anything like that and I had the issue anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro