PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Total Equipment Protection

These devices can just f*** up for no known reason. My mogul just died out of the blue. Actually the same day the TP was available at Best Buy. My TP is slowing down worse than a bogged down mogul. As soon as they aren't back-ordered I will get a replacement.

That is my main reason for insurance. I don't trust HTC ppc's.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Merq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merq

I have TEP. $50 beats $400-500 any day.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

Any pros or cons with the Best Buy insurance plan? I still have a few days to make up my mind between the two.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltz400 View Post
Any pros or cons with the Best Buy insurance plan? I still have a few days to make up my mind between the two.
I recommend the sprint insurance asurion
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
This is just a quick headcount to see how many people have TEP or are considering getting TEP in the near future. Is it worth the $7.00 extra in your bill?
I have had it sence 2001 and have used it more times than I can remember.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
I have had it sence 2001 and have used it more times than I can remember.
That's why the monthly cost is so high because of you people who abuse it. I've heard of people (and I'm sure you're one of them) who use it for a darn chip on the paint of the phone. Totally a waste.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
I bought mine through a 3rd party, so Sprint won't allow me to have it. (crosses fingers)

They also won't let you add it to a phone after 30 days, so those who are thinking about it, you better hurry.
Got my old treo 700wx off of ebay with a broken screen all they did was call my phone and then i had TEP.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
That's why the monthly cost is so high because of you people who abuse it. I've heard of people (and I'm sure you're one of them) who use it for a darn chip on the paint of the phone. Totally a waste.
and im sure youve never done anything "fishy" anyways glad I dont have to worry about what you think.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltz400 View Post
please dont. for your own good that is. Its ok if theres no other options to get repairs done, but mostly its overpriced (especially on laptops and TVs) and sprint's is much better. you can take it into a store tech to get repaired or they swap you out for a new one. also you get the $50 deductible for broken lost or stolen phones which Best Buy doesnt offer.

Trust me the $7/month TEP is well worth it. Its one of the few better programs Sprint offers that they can brag about vs other carriers. Its really is a lot better than what anyone else offers you
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
and im sure youve never done anything "fishy" anyways glad I dont have to worry about what you think.
Name one thing I've done "fishy".... Just as I thought, you cant think of any.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro