PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cleanup (Sprint Edition)

Until I get around to updating my packages, I recommend the graphics card driver that's floating around to improve graphics performance, and I recommend the tweak that makes it so circling around the OK button does scrolling instead of zooming. Otherwise, there aren't really a lot of performance-related hacks that are legit for the Sprint Touch pro.

Beyond just performance/usability though, it depends on your tastes... just tweak and customize your own settings and themes for your own liking. Check out Baffles' "Essentials" thread that's also stickied with on the forums for somewhere to start.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

First, thanks for the blue background cab, my colors rock.

I have one issue and if it's been addressed in one these zillion pages, I apologize. I did try searching for phone colors.

Anyway, here's the deal:
All the colors are great, except when I go to the phone it has this hideous lime green color, any idea how to fix it to be like the rest? Also, a few of the pages have that partial bluish background like the photo on the right, instead of plain white. I prefer strictly white, any suggestions? TY

Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
All the colors are great, except when I go to the phone it has this hideous lime green color, any idea how to fix it to be like the rest? Also, a few of the pages have that partial bluish background like the photo on the right, instead of plain white. I prefer strictly white, any suggestions? TY
If you installed the Sprint Manila Blue package I posted, you should be able to use Start > Settings > Today to select the new version of Sprint theme. If it doesn't toggle right away, just switch to something else then switch back to Sprint. That will use a dark gray color for highlighting and rid yourself of the green/yellow of the default themes.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
First, thanks for the blue background cab, my colors rock.

I have one issue and if it's been addressed in one these zillion pages, I apologize. I did try searching for phone colors.

Anyway, here's the deal:

The only way i got rid of the green is to install the answer to ignore cab it turn everything black( only for the phone dialer)... For some reason i can't find a theme that switch all the green shade to black or gray on TF3D.. sigh
Old 02-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

What else do you have installed then, because I've never seen green on the dialer...

Also, can you link me to the answer-to-ignore cab so I can see exactly what it's doing?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
If you installed the Sprint Manila Blue package I posted, you should be able to use Start > Settings > Today to select the new version of Sprint theme. If it doesn't toggle right away, just switch to something else then switch back to Sprint. That will use a dark gray color for highlighting and rid yourself of the green/yellow of the default themes.
I had been using the HTC Black in the settings and switched to the Sprint theme as you instructed and the green in the dialer is still there. It also made the highlighted colors more black than grey in other parts of TF3D , so I've switched it back.

I have no idea what the ignore to answer cab is. What does it do exactly?

I've installed a lot of stuff, so I really don't know where to begin as far as listing what's been done. I'm sure something outside of the blue manilla cab has effected things because it worked fine in the past.

I was just hoping there was a color code you could give me and a location to put it for the fix. Nothing's ever easy, is it?

EDIT:
Based off my remove programs list, here's what I got installed:
S2U2
Flashlite 3.1
G Alarm
some misc. games
Bad Boy Audio Fix
Total Comm
Labyrinth (Teeter)
Darklord Taskbar Icons v2
Batti
hTorch
Async Killer
Mundu radio
Music ID
HTC sliding sound
Teeter 50
J.S. Advan Conf tool
L. Sylvain Manilla Calculator skin
Lordsmith Battery Level
MSS Converter
.net cf 3.5
Live Search
Diamond Tweak
PHM Registry Editor
Ralisak's Soft Reset
RegHack Classic IME Tweak
Skyfire
Sprint Manilla Blue
Sprint Picture mail
Wei Ent Nue power driver for...
SmartPhone Tracker
whew,,

I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the manilla blue cab, but it didn't override the green in the phone dialer.

Last edited by GRB; 02-07-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Since the HTC Black theme uses green as its highlight, I'm certain your issue resolves around that, so as long as you're using it instead of another theme, I have no idea what to suggest.

My recommendation would be to do some searching around PPCGeeks for a white tsk theme if that's what you really want or download ThemeGenCE and use it to make your own theme the way you want it.

I do, however, know that the green is NOT the result of the Manila Blue pack, and HTC Black and the WinMo Standard themes are the only ones I know that use Green. The only other possibilities would be if you installed the "Classic" TouchFLO3D theme or dialer skins that are floating around.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

EMBASSY is a n00b

1st off i would like 2 say thanks 4 the work and the info u provide 2 us noobs. now...i've installed tweaks only and im having issues with voice command. it doesnt read emails,incoming calls ect.was wondering if tweaks modifies/disables voice?? thanks in advance
Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMBASSY View Post
1st off i would like 2 say thanks 4 the work and the info u provide 2 us noobs. now...i've installed tweaks only and im having issues with voice command. it doesnt read emails,incoming calls ect.was wondering if tweaks modifies/disables voice?? thanks in advance
A complete list of all settings modified is contained on the first post, and YES disabling voice command is one of them. You can re-enable it through Start > Settings > Voice Command.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

clarkeyj1 is a n00b

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro