PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: MAJOR problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpocket44 View Post
##data
enter msl
change slot cyle index to 1
I have done this now and will update tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
One thing to keep in mind here is the difference between EVDO and 1X.

Voice calls use the 1X signal to make both calls and for data in a 1X only area. EVDO is a seperate data channel. If you are in an EVDO coverage area, calls will come through on 1X while data will be on EVDO.

What does this mean you ask? If you are in a 1X only area and you have an active data session going transmitting data, the voice call will go to VM since the channel is busy.

I had this issue on my 700wx and it sucked sicne there was nothing I could do about it. I also live in a fringe area and had to switch my phone to Roam Only in order to get a good signal. While there, I could not use data because when roaming you are on 1X only no matter what.

On the Touch Pro in the phone settings there is an option called "DDTM Mode". Turning this option on will send all calls to VM during active data sessions. However, turning it off will stop any data sessions in order for the call to come through.

I would check your DDTM setting to see what it set to. If it is off, then you should not be having this issue. If it is off, then you got something else going on like the PRL.

I can tell you that with the TP and the DDTM option I do not have the above issue anymore. This DDTM option was not something that was available on any previous phone I have had.

Disclaimer: The above information is based on my own experience and information that I have gathered. The experience of other's may vary.
I understand the difference. In the original post, notice that I shut off data, and had the phone in roam ONLY. Which I would think would do the same as the ddtm option, but I will try that also and update tomorrow.

edit: it is already set to NOT send calls to VM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sms

aerra is a n00b

May be a silly question but did you consider Sprint Airrave? May atleast fix your problems at home.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Going thru 4 Moguls, my last one had a very similar issue. Now crappy EVDO was one thing, but not getting my calls.. Then what am I paying for service for?

I had to change out the phone, you may have a bad or corrupt radio?

-CC

P.S. on a side note, in my area, PRL 60610 did pretty well. Been having problems since 60612~
Old 11-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerra View Post
May be a silly question but did you consider Sprint Airrave? May atleast fix your problems at home.
Sure I considered it, but I thought of it this way. Should I have to pay for hardware and a monthly fee for service that A) works on my roommates 5 year old phone, and B) is labeled as "good" on sprints coverage map? Think about how wrong that is.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

PRL is 60614
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hey, I was just coming on to post about the same problem. I'm in fringe EVDO/Sprint coverage, so my phone sits here constantly switching between 1x, EVDO, and Roaming. My phone misses most calls, VM alerts are lagged, texts are lagged bad. My mogul didn't do this. Also, randomly in the mornings I won't be able to receive texts, make calls, etc, even upon returning to coverage. I just get that error popup saying the number may be invalid or there may not be signal, even though I'm showing full EVDO. The only solution to that is to soft reset.

I'm thinking about calling retentions for an airave, but they just gave me a super deal on the Touch Pro so I don't know if I'd be calling back too soon.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Hey, I was just coming on to post about the same problem. I'm in fringe EVDO/Sprint coverage, so my phone sits here constantly switching between 1x, EVDO, and Roaming. My phone misses most calls, VM alerts are lagged, texts are lagged bad. My mogul didn't do this. Also, randomly in the mornings I won't be able to receive texts, make calls, etc, even upon returning to coverage. I just get that error popup saying the number may be invalid or there may not be signal, even though I'm showing full EVDO. The only solution to that is to soft reset.

I'm thinking about calling retentions for an airave, but they just gave me a super deal on the Touch Pro so I don't know if I'd be calling back too soon.
I got a great deal as well, free. Because of this problem. I am going through ecare currently and they have suggested I buy an airave. This angers me as I am supposedly in a "good" area (see above post). They are escalating as we speak. It's nice to know I am not the only one. I changed the slot cycle to 1 so we'll see how that works. My new office here (just moved today) has better reception than my last and I am constantly testing the phone to see if I get calls. I might be looking to "downgrade" my PRL if this doesn't work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
I got a great deal as well, free. Because of this problem. I am going through ecare currently and they have suggested I buy an airave. This angers me as I am supposedly in a "good" area (see above post). They are escalating as we speak. It's nice to know I am not the only one. I changed the slot cycle to 1 so we'll see how that works. My new office here (just moved today) has better reception than my last and I am constantly testing the phone to see if I get calls. I might be looking to "downgrade" my PRL if this doesn't work.

Keep us up to date. I would like to know the results. If they recommend or suggest an AIRRAVE, I'm gonna request they send it for FREE or at a substantial discount..

-CC
Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Keep us up to date. I would like to know the results. If they recommend or suggest an AIRRAVE, I'm gonna request they send it for FREE or at a substantial discount..

-CC
They did recommend it. They also suggested I fill out an NTM ticket? It is reporting bad service. Unfortunately the link they sent me didn't work. Are you having the same problem?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro