Thread: MAJOR problem
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Baffles
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: MAJOR problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Here is my take. You get Sprint service. Sprint shows coverage in your area. You get bad reception more often then not. The Airwave can fix reception for you at your home or place of buisness. Sprint has an obligation to provide you with quality service. They should provide you with an Airwave at NO cost to you as a customer. If they try to force you to pay for the Airwave, you should politely tell them thats not acceptable, cancel your account and you will go to a provider that values your buisness and is willing to provide you the quality service you expect.

Sprint has an obligation to provide quality service as written in thier own contract. Right now it sounds as though that isn't happening and so they should do everything n their power to provide that quality service.

If I were to request a free Airwave, then I would be cheating the system because I am getting good reception, but for someone that isn't, they should be helped in anyway possible.
In principle you are correct, however in practice, there is no other provider where I can get the level of service I get away from my house (excellent 3G coverage, good speeds) and at the price I pay ($30/month). So it's another one of those cases where I put up with their **** because there is something in it for me. I'd rather buy an airave and pay the $5/month. And if you look at the amount of money I save compared to how much I'd pay AT&T or Verizon for the equivalent of my plan, I'd make up the difference within a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjello View Post
I'm not entirely familiar with the Airrave, but doesn't it just use your home broadband to "boost" your signal. Also, does this work for EVDO (rev a) as well? Thanks.
Yes, it does. And no, it does not work with EVDO (possibly in the future though?)

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.