PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Horrible Shutter lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dole View Post
I'm curious about the keys under HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/Captparam...
there's some separate keys for what looks to be "Burst" and "Sport" modes but of course, there's no mention of them in the apps, and a sport mode would definitely help speed this thing up. That, and who knows what other undocumented keys it may be looking for... I'm gonna try playing around with them, though.

Setting CapKeyDelayTime from 1500 to 0 didn't seem to do anything... the crappy thing is that it does an automatic autofocus between when you hit the button and the shutter snaps, regardless of when it's autofocusing during the preview.
I think I remember seeing a post about a hack to enable sport and burst modes...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptd View Post
I think I remember seeing a post about a hack to enable sport and burst modes...
All you do is set "enable" to "1" and then you have those options, but it doesnt really help with the shutter lag, it just takes multiple pictures while you hold the button down, most of them still turn out blurry though.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

of course... i searched for captparam and didn't think to search for spor and burst. :/ geh
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 11-22-2008, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

As I said earier, Sport and Burst are options in Diamond Tweaks. I just haven't used them yet. I wonder if Sport would shorten the shutter lag.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
As I said earier, Sport and Burst are options in Diamond Tweaks. I just haven't used them yet. I wonder if Sport would shorten the shutter lag.
Sports mode crashes my camera app. I have to try to close it with Task Manager...
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

I knew it sounded to good to be true. Thanks for trying it.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

add me to the list of this camera lags like hell. I tried taking some pics of ppl today and I could not get one shot off that was not blurry.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
add me to the list of this camera lags like hell. I tried taking some pics of ppl today and I could not get one shot off that was not blurry.
yea it takes a really steady hand and a slow or still object to take good pictures with this phone, but when you do... damn the pictures are nice.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
yea it takes a really steady hand and a slow or still object to take good pictures with this phone, but when you do... damn the pictures are nice.
I wouldn't go that far... Comparing two pictures in simlar situations, the optics still seem much better on my M1, or my 2.0mp digicam from 1995.

Megapixel ratings are manufacturers easiest way to fool the consumer into thinking they have a quality camera. I've even seen some supposed 8mp digicams that take worse pictures than my 1995 2mp.

I say 1995, but it might be a little bit later.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I wouldn't go that far... Comparing two pictures in simlar situations, the optics still seem much better on my M1, or my 2.0mp digicam from 1995.

Megapixel ratings are manufacturers easiest way to fool the consumer into thinking they have a quality camera. I've even seen some supposed 8mp digicams that take worse pictures than my 1995 2mp.

I say 1995, but it might be a little bit later.
Have you tried taking the battery cover off and being very careful while taking the picture of a still object? I will not say that this is really comparable to even a mediocre digital camera, but as far as phone standards, it give a really nice picture at max resolution. I notice alot of people that complain about their pictures with there phones, I take a little cotton and gently wipe off the lense and they are like WOW!!! a little grime can go a long way to ruining your pictures.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro