PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Horrible Shutter lag (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42820)

FoxRacR17 11-03-2008 03:18 AM

Horrible Shutter lag

Just wondering if its just my phone but does the camera on the TP have really bad lag? Like whatever your photographing has to be standing perfectly still or your hand has to be completely steady or the picture will turn out blurry? Now I under stand this is no Canon or anything, but its kinda sad that an old 2.0 megapixel camera on a friends motorola phone from tmobile is able to capture pictures better then my 300 dollar 3.2 megapixel phone. Is there any fix for this?

blue4shizzle 11-03-2008 03:21 AM

Re: Horrible Shutter lag

get more steady hands.. lol

FoxRacR17 11-03-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 492928)
get more steady hands.. lol

Thats not exactly the problem, I was just giving another example. With my TP, whoever I am taking pictures of has to be perfectly still or else it will come out blurry, its really annoying.

clockcycle 11-03-2008 12:42 PM

Check for the registry edit thread to change the delay upon touching the button to taking the picture.

-CC

cornelious2 11-03-2008 12:43 PM

yea the problem is that it takes time to auto focus so if your moving it cant focus properly.

saqer 11-03-2008 12:44 PM

You might also want to trip the autofocus feature first by just holding your finger on the dpad until you see white brackets turn green. I've had excellent quality photos taken like that. Another trip is to hold ur elbows to your sides, definitely increases steadiness for me.

mharvey 11-03-2008 12:53 PM

I have done this (pre-focus) but even then there seems to be quite a lag between when I hit the button and the picture is taken. It is really hard to time the shot to catch a photo of anything that is moving.

Someone mentioned a registry key that might control this delay? What is it?

DarkLord 11-03-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 (Post 492924)
Just wondering if its just my phone but does the camera on the TP have really bad lag? Like whatever your photographing has to be standing perfectly still or your hand has to be completely steady or the picture will turn out blurry? Now I under stand this is no Canon or anything, but its kinda sand that an old 2.0 megapixel camera on a friends motorola phone from tmobile is able to capture pictures better then my 300 dollar 3.2 megapixel phone. Is there any fix for this?

i have the exact problem. it's annoying

badutahboy 11-03-2008 01:53 PM

I think the problem is that these camera's have a horribly slow shutter speed... I've had the same problem with every HTC device I've tried...

steveholtam 11-03-2008 02:32 PM

Yeah, this mo-fo is REALLY slow. Taking pictures of people is almost impossibile.