PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Horrible Shutter lag (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42820)

No1ustad 11-03-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Horrible Shutter lag

download a program called advanced config i think version 3.3, you can fchangethe delay using it...

Exil3d 11-03-2008 02:50 PM

Drink less coffee?

cornelious2 11-03-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 493739)
Drink less coffee?

BLASPHEMY!!!!

TurboFool 11-03-2008 03:01 PM

Yeah, this is a genuine problem. I hit the button, and then by the time the preview comes up I can see that everything's changed in the shot. It's impossible to time the photos properly.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 11-03-2008 03:42 PM

Same problem here. My Mogul was a beast...I don't get this thing's suckitude in the picture department.

clockcycle 11-03-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mharvey (Post 493495)
I have done this (pre-focus) but even then there seems to be quite a lag between when I hit the button and the picture is taken. It is really hard to time the shot to catch a photo of anything that is moving.

Someone mentioned a registry key that might control this delay? What is it?

In camera mode you can select options advanced 3/5 "Shoot Option".. See if that makes a difference. I think default is looking for a proximity and press.

-CC

TurboFool 11-03-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 493856)
Same problem here. My Mogul was a beast...I don't get this thing's suckitude in the picture department.

Seriously? Didn't seem drastically better on the Mogul...

gobmonster 11-03-2008 04:44 PM

I would like to turn the auto focus off, but i dont even see the option. The auto focus should only be used when asked for and not all the time. Theres about a 2-3 delay in pressing the shutter button and actually having picture taking, which is well beyond the instant that anyone would want.

Im waiting to see what the X1 can do, its supposed to be the same hardware, but i know that sony prides them selves on great pics, they wouldnt allow this to happen. Maybe we can get a port sometime in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 493999)

lol, mogul was much worse, the key difference is my TP will take an okay picture of what i didnt want to capture, the mogul would take a shytty picture of what i was trying to get

saqer 11-03-2008 04:52 PM

I'm guessing this is still a pretty early version of the camera app for the TP seeing that it includes functionality out the box that's unlike Windows Mobile (support for capacicative buttons). I would think they deliberately decreased shutter speed in the meantime to increase overall stability. There's no doubt in my mind that the hardware capabilities of the TP would allow for much better performance with future upgrades, hopefully.

badutahboy 11-03-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 493999)

Agreed... my mogul was far worse.. I could NEVER get a good shot if the target was moving.