PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Get Old School word correction back (same as was on Mogul, etc) - OLD HACK DIDN'T WORK RIGHT - Updated information here and here. UPDATED 11/11/2008

I did this hack and it still didnt fix the software keyboard problem. Any ideas?

Old 11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Make sure you do the one on the "here" link... and soft-reset after you install it.

If that doesn't fix it, then I would avoid this hack like a plague until myself or someone else figures out what is causing it to break. The hack itself is fine, but something on the phone or some action is causing it to revert back to a mismatch of settings, and I'm not into playing guessing games.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
That seems incredibly odd. Although the weak signal could have been forcing the radio to poll more actively which is a definite way to drain the battery quicker. Any time it dips to the 0-1 bars, I force Roam Only to prevent the frequent tower polling. This has always been a known problem for HTC devices, unfortunately.

A lot of people are still posting about incredibly unreliable battery life with the Touch Pro too... saying one day it's great, the next it's terrible, etc. This is both with and without all the battery tweaks and adjustments. So bottom line, I think this is more of a hardware issue than software.

Personally, I'm using mine precisely the same as I would have used my Mogul, and I'm having pretty much the exact same battery life... I still take it off the charger around 7am, use it mostly for email and text with maybe 30 minutes of calls/day, and I'm still hovering around 50-60% at 11pm.

My question for you is-- since you installed my cleanup pack, have you changed ANYTHING on your own through Settings, OR through other tweak programs like Advanced Config, Diamond Tweak, Diamond TF3D Config, etc? Have you installed anything? You mentioned Palringo which I know has a tendency to draw a lot of battery power if you don't enable it's power saver mode (it forces the data connection active otherwise, and since the HTC radio isn't very efficient right now, that's a bad thing to do especially in a low signal area).

well I didnt use a cleanup pack I just did the performance and battery tweaks .zip but to answer your question No I didnt make any changes on my own..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=battery+hacks

Last edited by hdkilner; 11-14-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

The nuePower driver is for the Diamond or the Titan, depending on the one you version you downloaded. It is not designed for the Touch Pro.

no2chem's own download page for it says that it isn't necessarily accurate either, especially in the upper 10%.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think we need that program though to make the 1% increments on the battery signal , if we want the % of battery life... without that program it only goes in blocks of 10%

nuePowerDriver for CDMA Diamond
v1.0, Cabinet File (.cab) | 28.25 KB | 1260 downloads
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Hi Baffles, I have one to add. People can use the Manila Editor to tweak their files and really customize the heck out of their TF3D. Link for the software is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

AND to understand the secrets of the manila files, go here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...anila_Research

All credit goes to D-MAN666 and SushiLange over at XDA.

EDIT: This is for the Diamond but many of the files are the same.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Bringer of Good Things

A_C has posted S2U2 1.35 which seems to fix the DirectDraw issues on the Touch Pro. Installed it a few hours ago and have not experienced any issues with it.

http://www.ac-s2.com/

Also, still a work in progress, but I've added quite a few of the Manila hacks to my tutorial thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689
Old 11-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Does the new S2U2 work with weather yet?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Does the new S2U2 work with weather yet?
The readme doesn't indicate any changes, but let me check...

S2U2 Settings > Information Section > Today's Weather Forecast from > Option 7 = Manila 3D Weather > Save

...Testing...

Doesn't show anything... doesn't show with Option 4 (HTC Home Weather), Option 5 (User Weather), or Option 6 (Manila 2D Weather) either... unless I'm just missing an additional option that needs turned on.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Ringtones can be MP3 or WAV and can be placed in the \Windows \My Documents or \My Documents\My Ringtones folders.

Notification sounds must be WAV and should be in \Windows or \My Documents
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro