PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

@pzztgotbagz: thanks brother, your instructions helped! You got me confused at first when you stated to cut the end that I don't need, so I cut off the micro-USB female section off, but this doesn't have the BLUE wire. It was the headset section that has the BLUE wire. So, cut off the headset connector off.

@nitty917: Look inside the mini-usb connector, count the 4th pin from left to right. That is the one that needs to come out.

@dkincaid: did it in 30 minutes without any special tools. Just a regular safety pin, thanks to skreemer7 for that tip. Takes patience- first lift pin number 4 up, away from the connectors positioned down. Then when it is moved up, move it side to side, patiently and in plenty of bright light. After I say, about 9 side to side, should come off...if done PATIENTLY, you will not damage the other pins.

Follow the instructions to the bone. But I recommend you first take out pin number 4 out first. That way, if you do damage the other connectors you won't waste with peeling the wires. And the headset connector is the only one with the BLUE wire, the other one does not that color of wire.

Don't feel discourage, it was not hard, easy work...Just lots of PATIENCE and a good steady hand.

Now, I can do powerpoints from my touch pro, no more hauling a big laptop to presenations!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gateway
Carrier: verizon

prentiss86 is a n00b

This works on my touch pro2 like a charm thanks
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ronhenderson2 is a n00b

Will this cable work with the Touch Pro 2?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-Mobile

ronhenderson2 is a n00b
Smile Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
Just a heads up on this....

I own a cable manufacturing company. Although, we don't typically build cables with USB, we are extremely experienced with making audio/video cables (mostly for military/professional applications).

Since I had an old mogul connector available, I thought we would go ahead and give it a try to determine how long it would take to manufacture as I'm considering offering this as a product.

Everything in these directions is spot on and very easy to complete except for the removal of pin 4 from the external USB. We had a VERY difficult time removing this PIN without damaging the connector and this was using proper tools, magnifying glasses, etc.

If you are going to make this cable, it definetely works, just be aware that you will likely have problems removing the pin and there is a very good chance you will destroy the connector in the process.

Just my .02 cents
Did you decide to mfg this cable? If so, how much are they?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhenderson2 View Post
Will this cable work with the Touch Pro 2?

Thanks.
does the TPII come with the dongle? i havent checked but you may get better answers over in the TPII forum.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it looks like TPII will do video out. i havent seen it done with this mod but it will work with the HTC video cable.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor

Just a little tip here; TO REMOVE THE 4TH PIN, BEND IT UP A LITTLE, THEN USE THE END OF A SEWING NEEDLE (the end where you put the thread through) THIS WILL "LASSO" THE PIN, MOVE SIDE TO SIDE KINDA FAST, PRESTO!

I got the fourth pin out in like 2 minutes. Seriously. Good luck.

p.s. the needle has to be a fairly small one....
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

methodic_menace is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreemer7 View Post
Thanks, took me an hour, but I got it.

Oh, I had a problem removing the pin as well.

Those who are having trouble with that: what I did was get it out of its nook with a safety pin, then I took a small blade just to use it to move the pin back and forth inside the little connector. After about 5 minutes, the pin broke, and no damage to any of the other pins! You could use anything else that you can fit inside the usb connector that would be flat enough to move the pin. I tried with the safety pin, but since it was round, it would keep slipping by the 4pin.
I work at Radio Shack and the "Precision Knife Set" Catalog # 64.066 works perfect. Use the number 3 blad and it fits right in there. Also, I used the "Helping Hands With Magnifier" Catalog # 64.79... Have a good day
Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Yep, I am bumping a old thread but, I gave thanks for this. I had one of these from my past phone and said screw it, I already have the parts, let me attempt to save myself $10-20.

It worked perfect, the video out quality is nothing to write home about but, it does work and pretty well.

This is on my Touch Pro 2...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro