View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 AM
montecristo1
PPCGeeks Regular

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

@pzztgotbagz: thanks brother, your instructions helped! You got me confused at first when you stated to cut the end that I don't need, so I cut off the micro-USB female section off, but this doesn't have the BLUE wire. It was the headset section that has the BLUE wire. So, cut off the headset connector off.

@nitty917: Look inside the mini-usb connector, count the 4th pin from left to right. That is the one that needs to come out.

@dkincaid: did it in 30 minutes without any special tools. Just a regular safety pin, thanks to skreemer7 for that tip. Takes patience- first lift pin number 4 up, away from the connectors positioned down. Then when it is moved up, move it side to side, patiently and in plenty of bright light. After I say, about 9 side to side, should come off...if done PATIENTLY, you will not damage the other pins.

Follow the instructions to the bone. But I recommend you first take out pin number 4 out first. That way, if you do damage the other connectors you won't waste with peeling the wires. And the headset connector is the only one with the BLUE wire, the other one does not that color of wire.

Don't feel discourage, it was not hard, easy work...Just lots of PATIENCE and a good steady hand.

Now, I can do powerpoints from my touch pro, no more hauling a big laptop to presenations!