PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
The negative will always be the shielding as it is ground.
Oh, so the shielding is the only negative wire? So the negative is actually coating the positive?

Inside the shielding there'll only be one wire? If so, that clears things up mightily.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
Oh, so the shielding is the only negative wire? So the negative is actually coating the positive?

Inside the shielding there'll only be one wire? If so, that clears things up mightily.

Thanks!
Yes in RCA cables there is one plastic coated wire that is wrapped in wire. The wrapped wire is ground.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

One last question - I ordered the above adapter for $4 so I'm eager to try this project when it arrives.

The pics appear to show the different cables just twined together to make the connections. Is that how everyone's doing it? Or should I solder the wires together to connect positive to positive for instance.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
One last question - I ordered the above adapter for $4 so I'm eager to try this project when it arrives.

The pics appear to show the different cables just twined together to make the connections. Is that how everyone's doing it? Or should I solder the wires together to connect positive to positive for instance.
You should always solder wires, It just is safer.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Ok I made mine just now following the directions stated by the OP and was succesful. I didn't solder, just twisted the wires together, taped each seperate connection, then taped them all together. Took me a few tries as I was realizing that I had to make sure certain wires werent touching each other, otherwise video would go out or I'd lose sound. Also I had the left audio connection touching its ground connection...so I wasnt getting any audio on the left at first. I got them all seperated, taped them up....and taped all of them together. Working well now though. Thanks!

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 11-12-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Finally decided to give this a try. If I actually use it, I may buy the cable. I always get excited and want something to find out that I never use it. This is probably one of those things. My sausage fingers had a hard time with those tiny wires, but I got it first try.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:33 AM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Finally got around to taking some pics. With some soldering, electrical tape and heat shrink tube insulator it actually doesn't look too bad.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks good! I brought mine in to work for an electrical engineer (he does home theater installation on the side) to clean up for me. I only hope that he can make it look as good as yours! The pic the OP put up looks nice compared to mine but it works. I felt like a little girl on Christmas when I plugged it in and it worked. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

Photobucket is acting gay so I had to Upload my pics here. I Wrapped my two cables together for extra durability because I spliced the cable all the way down (Because I have big hands). After 2 hours of work (Yes 2 hours because my girlfriend was talking me to death and its very easy to mess up). It still came out quite nicely. Thanks a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0010.jpg (51.7 KB, 145 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0011.jpg (51.9 KB, 124 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by pg2k3; 11-14-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Figured Friday afternoon would be a good time at work to try this little project. Works like a charm. I am probably going to make another cleaner one, but still very pleased that first one works well.

Thanks to all on this forum. You guys are great, appreciate all the great knowledge.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro