PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

I will post a tutorial now on how to build you own cable and what you will need.

1) HTC Audio 2.5mm/USB Splitter Cable can be found here http://accessoryone.com/htc-utstarco...s-pr-5594.html
these also came with the 6800 and 6900.
2) A standard RCA cable cut in half

Steps to Build your cable

1) Start off by striping back the wires from RCA cable and from the 2.5mm side of the adapter cut off the end you wont need it. DO not cut off the metal shielding from the cable just peel it back.

2) Remove the no.4 pin from the ext-usb end. I will provide a pic to show which pin is no4. This will allow the phone to see the adapter as a video adapter instead of a headset. I used a thumb tack to lift the pin and a small set of tweezers to remove it.

3) Now the fun part. The wires on the 2.5mm adpater are RED,GREEN,BLACK,BLUE,WHITE,YELLOW - You will not need the yellow wire so cut it off.

4) Heres how to build the cable connect.

WHITE - Positive for VIDEO
BLUE - Negative for VIDEO
BLACK - Positive AUDIO Left
GREEN - Positive AUDIO Right
RED - Connect both Negatives for audio to this wire then ground this to the Shielding ( I noticed a little ground noise in the audio if i didnt connect the audio ground to the shielding )

Pics are Below i know it sounds confusing but it really isnt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HTC%20Cable%20Small.jpg (13.9 KB, 4093 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg P1000790.JPG (359.0 KB, 4028 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg P1000795.JPG (702.3 KB, 3733 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by pzztgotbagz; 11-02-2008 at 02:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 65 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable

sweet i think I should have stuff lying around to try it out. funny thing is I threw away RCA cables along time ago. What I do have is a RCA cable for my PS3... what other use do you have for this cable other than cutting it up ?

Last edited by specv; 11-02-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitty917 is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
I will post a tutorial now on how to build you own cable and what you will need.

1) HTC Audio 2.5mm/USB Splitter Cable can be found here http://accessoryone.com/htc-utstarco...s-pr-5594.html
these also came with the 6800 and 6900.
2) A standard RCA cable cut in half

Steps to Build your cable

1) Start off by striping back the wires from RCA cable and from the 2.5mm side of the adapter cut off the end you wont need it. DO not cut off the metal shielding from the cable just peel it back.

2) Remove the no.4 pin from the ext-usb end. I will provide a pic to show which pin is no4. This will allow the phone to see the adapter as a video adapter instead of a headset. I used a thumb tack to lift the pin and a small set of tweezers to remove it.

3) Now the fun part. The wires on the 2.5mm adpater are RED,GREEN,BLACK,BLUE,WHITE,YELLOW - You will not need the yellow wire so cut it off.

4) Heres how to build the cable connect.

WHITE - Positive for VIDEO
BLUE - Negative for VIDEO
BLACK - Positive AUDIO Left
GREEN - Positive AUDIO Right
RED - Connect both Negatives for audio to this wire then ground this to the Shielding ( I noticed a little ground noise in the audio if i didnt connect the audio ground to the shielding )

Pics are Below i know it sounds confusing but it really isnt.

which one is no.4, trying to do this as Im typing!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:53 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

check the pic i posted it shows u the pinout
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor

well pin 4 is NOT easy to get out. I think i bent pin 3. Is there another way to to not remove this pin?
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Wish I wouldn't have included that splitter cable when I sold my Mogul. Tried to do the mod with the headphones that came with the TP because I still have the nicer set that came with the Mogul. Unfortunately, I couldn't get pin 4 out.

For those thinking of using the TP headphones for the cable, I wouldn't suggest it. It's got those weak headphone like wires in it. It doesn't have the nice insulated wires like in pzztgotbagz's pics. After opening it up, my plan was to use its one insulated wire (white) which should have been the Video + and the gold wire wrapped around it which I believe was the Video -. I was going to skip the audio all together.

For those interested, there's also a discussion on this topic over at XDA - LINK

Last edited by stroths; 11-02-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

Perhaps we need a single sticky thread containing all the methods we currently have for building the TV-out cable.

There are currently three good methods, let us know if you have another easy method. If not, then which one you should use depends on what parts you are starting out with.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=19
This first one is fairly clean once finished but might be finicky as the cable must be plugged in at a certain rotation. Required HTC part came with the TP.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=9
This second method requires two HTC parts, one each from the TP and Titan.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42674
This method from this thread requires a single HTC part from the Titan but once finished with electricians tape would be the least bulky of all cables. This should also be the easiest to construct but will be very finicky if the wires are improperly insulated with insulating tape.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSnark View Post
Perhaps we need a single sticky thread containing all the methods we currently have for building the TV-out cable.

There are currently three good methods, let us know if you have another easy method. If not, then which one you should use depends on what parts you are starting out with.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=19
This first one is fairly clean once finished but might be finicky as the cable must be plugged in at a certain rotation. Required HTC part came with the TP.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=9
This second method requires two HTC parts, one each from the TP and Titan.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42674
This method from this thread requires a single HTC part from the Titan but once finished with electricians tape would be the least bulky of all cables. This should also be the easiest to construct but will be very finicky if the wires are improperly insulated with insulating tape.

Absorbed all that info into the TP essentials thread.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Just a heads up on this....

I own a cable manufacturing company. Although, we don't typically build cables with USB, we are extremely experienced with making audio/video cables (mostly for military/professional applications).

Since I had an old mogul connector available, I thought we would go ahead and give it a try to determine how long it would take to manufacture as I'm considering offering this as a product.

Everything in these directions is spot on and very easy to complete except for the removal of pin 4 from the external USB. We had a VERY difficult time removing this PIN without damaging the connector and this was using proper tools, magnifying glasses, etc.

If you are going to make this cable, it definetely works, just be aware that you will likely have problems removing the pin and there is a very good chance you will destroy the connector in the process.

Just my .02 cents
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks, took me an hour, but I got it.

Oh, I had a problem removing the pin as well.

Those who are having trouble with that: what I did was get it out of its nook with a safety pin, then I took a small blade just to use it to move the pin back and forth inside the little connector. After about 5 minutes, the pin broke, and no damage to any of the other pins! You could use anything else that you can fit inside the usb connector that would be flat enough to move the pin. I tried with the safety pin, but since it was round, it would keep slipping by the 4pin.

Last edited by skreemer7; 11-03-2008 at 03:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro