PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Jspecrx7 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

I told them exactly what I was experiencing. I couldn't answer all of my calls. When attempting to answer the calls it would just mute the sound no matter how many times I hit the answer button. During the exchange he did try to sell me their insurance with 0 deductable. He said Sprint insurance is going to start charging $150 for replacment smart phones/PDAs. Not sure if thats BS, gonna have to call Sprint. Although I'm wondering if that price hike is part of the new pricing coming out on the Nov. 2nd? I'm also in SA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
^^^^^^what did you tell them when you took it back?

-Chez
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
I told them exactly what I was experiencing. I couldn't answer all of my calls. When attempting to answer the calls it would just mute the sound no matter how many times I hit the answer button. During the exchange he did try to sell me their insurance with 0 deductable. He said Sprint insurance is going to start charging $150 for replacment smart phones/PDAs. Not sure if thats BS, gonna have to call Sprint. Although I'm wondering if that price hike is part of the new pricing coming out on the Nov. 2nd? I'm also in SA as well.
yea i bought the insurance through them cause $7 a month is not bad to pay to have "extra" insurance. i still have the sprint one as well. if one wont work, ill just try the other.

oh yeah. thats cool bro. i live in the medical center area. which BB you go to? i went to the Rim.

-Chez
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tower is a n00b

while mines not as bad as the pics that were posted,it still concerns me as to getting snagged and ripping off more..Im just wondering if the pressure of the button behind the home icon will eventually wear down alittle thus evening the bar out.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post

i've been thinking of getting the insurance through BB. its the same price as sprint's and there is a zero deductable. I think the guy at bb told me you have 14 days to add the insurance.. Also the guy said there were 2 plans I could buy. One is 7 a month and its like TEP, the other one is like $40 for 2 years as a replacement plan.

Last edited by eb3604; 10-28-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

i have them both, one is better in some ways than the others. goes both ways though.

Quote:
Technically its not an insurance I left working for Best Buy Mobile right before the launch of the iPhone there. It is a service plan as they call it due to the sales consultants not being legally licensed to sell insurance by the state and that is why it does not cover loss or theft. In some ways it is great you could literally drop it once a week or day whatever and crack the screen and as long as you have the "service plan" still in effect they will replace it. I like that about the accidental damage, although the water damage is a gray area bc tech if you read the brochure that they provide it does cover a "water spill" although does not cover "water submersion" so you tell me how when you go to best buy and they look at it right there in front of you how the sales consultant is to tell the difference hahaha and dont say the water indicator. It is totally up to the person workings discretion. Best Buy doesn't do that in depth training for Mobile sales to be able to diagnose those problems(i know bc i went thru it). We were told it was our call and me personally i would have covered it but not all will im sure and think about it most of those sales people there are younger kids so most know more than them as well.

Also a note on the service plan: they do not swap your phone out on the spot or fix it then, they are sent to a facility in texas (cant find there [COLOR=#0072bc! important][FONT='Lucida Grande', Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif][COLOR=#0072bc! important][FONT='Lucida Grande', Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif]website[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] but will post when i do) they say it will take up to 14 business days (they say longer but it is suppose to be less) to ship out and back now when i was working we had two cases where it took over a month! so be aware of these facts also that your without a phone during that time unless you take one of there "loaner" phones ( catch to that is it is a $150 usd. deposit for that "loaner phone" and you get it back when you return it to get your device lol so there are alot of the facts on it.

ADH Protection: providing parts and labor coverage in the event of accidental damage resulting in the normal usage of the product. ADH protection is fulfilled if 2 repairs with cracked screens or replacement of the product are completed.

that means after they repair or replace it after two times your service plan is fulfilled. that doesnt mean you cannot get it fixed again it just mean at that time you have to get another "service plan" on it to keep it covered.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the new one i got today doesnt have the tilt like my original did
Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

Mine is perfectly flush...looks great..

Those pics on page 1 look terrible.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work

Must be a sprint issue.... Mine on VZW is flush if I run my finger over it. My only complaint is the orignal screen protector that came installed (Better than I could ever do) is starting to come up at the bottom... and I know I could never get one with 0 bubbles and 0 dust/debris under it like the manufacturer did :'(
Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

wow, mine looks like the after shot.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I took it back to best buy for that reason. and guess what? The new one was as bad as the first one , and on top of that, it had a bulge on top of the d-pad where the HTC logo is. If you look at it a lilttle slanted, you can see the reflection that shows that area has a bulge(probably where the cables for the d-pad , talk, end button going to the circuit board. I guess i just have to live with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro