PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

Mines stays flush no matter what... but my chrome is chipping off i\eve thou I have not dropped it at all! Chrome is defective.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
it seems like people are just trying to nitpick at things since they got the darn phone. if its 1/100th of a centimeter higher than the rest of the screen, what does it really matter? yes i have seen it on mine by looking at it. but it doesnt make my phone work any better/worse. i would honestly not have noticed it if you didnt point it out, and now that i have, it makes no difference. please though, take your phone back to best buy and tell them you want a new phone for 1/100th of a centimeter its pointing out above the rest of the phone. you'll get the same "problem" every time.
I know I'm kinda late to respond to this but "what does it matter?" On a $500+ phone I think things like this should be perfect. I myself am on my fourth TP not all of for them for the same reasons but all of them had the raised home button except for this last one. My sister works for sprint in upper corp. managment and she told me this was a wide spread issue that HTC was addressing. To be rude to someone looking for some help on a legit issue is not what this forum is all about. I know some folks haven't had some of these issues and some just don't care and or even notice, I hate to compare apples to oranges here but when you can buy an iphone (8GB) out of contract for less than a TP out of contract and I'm not knocking the TP but the iphone does have a lot of metal and glass involved in it's build and I know quite a few people with iphones and I have yet to see a build quality issue like this on any of them.

Last edited by rbrown13; 12-14-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Both of my Touch Pro's have had this issue. As on the first page, my first one had the problem where it was coming up extremely far, Best Buy took an exchange on it. The second one still comes up some, but not nearly as far, additionally, it will not stick down like the first one did... it stays the same. I figure they are all this way.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well my button area is becoming more raised than it was when I bought it... Chrome is fine though. I guess I can deal with it until HTC decides whether or not to recall the Pro [like that will ever happen]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro