PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Just got off the phone with customer service...2yr pricing 349.99 amd 1 yr picing is 419.99

its ridiculously priced on vzw when its 299.99 everywhere else with a 2 yr contract...i was trying to use a annual upgrade to get it and i thought when u annually upgrade and sign a 2 yr contract u get the 2 yr pricing? they were telling me id have to pay the 419 ...im hoping he was wrong...

i was also told to try telesales tomorrow they may have additional discounts to lower the price of the phone ill give that a try but its priced way to high when everyone else has it for 299.99 with better specs...WTF
Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well there is the 3 and out rule you can use on your mogul...to get a free - ish TP
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 AM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
The keyboard is going to be bigger so that part is a plus. I don't like the keyboard layout but it's not a deal breaker. I also don't see a reason the Verizon version would be slower. If anything it will be faster.

The true downside to the phone IMHO is the RAM. It won't causes it to be slower but it will limit the number of programs that can be running at one time. And that won't change after I get use to it...

As for switching to Sprint, it would save money and get me a possibly better phone, but out of about 6+ people that I have talked to about Sprint, only 2 had any kind words to say about Sprint in this area. Most said Sprint has bad billing issues and bad coverage in the area. One even mentioned a bad tower that hasn't been fixed in over a year... Tough decisions...
going off what your friends say is not a good idea, bad billing maybe, bad coverage, sorry to burst your bubbles but every carrier has bad coverage somewere, but a tower not been fixed in a year, first off noone would know that, second off sprint does/did/never has ever had a tower gone down for that long, that would effect SO much more than just sprint. just my annoying words tjough i guess
Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
but out of about 6+ people that I have talked to about Sprint, only 2 had any kind words to say about Sprint in this area. ...
I lived with sprint service for almost two years because I had it free.

I now pay for vz even though I could still have free sprint service..............
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

yeah, some places just dont get sprint service well. im SO GLAD im in a well covered area ^_^
Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work

Its on VZW website...moment u, i been waiting for at least...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ramik911 is just getting started

its offical, verizon destroyed the htc touch pro. Only 128MB of RAM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I lived with sprint service for almost two years because I had it free.

I now pay for vz even though I could still have free sprint service..............
not smart then. sprint roams freely on verizon's service. so u can get verizon for free basically but u rather pay, the economy can say thanks to u
Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

i like how they kept the original GSM design for the Verizon TP. i wish CDMA operators would open their network so it would be easier to get a phone activated on any carriers
Old 11-24-2008, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Hey Verizon, can u hear the pitter-patter of the tech elite's footfalls as they run for other carriers? How much more out of tune with the customer base can u possibly get?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro