PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Full Verizon Touch Pro Spec sheet...

http://www.htc.com/us/product.aspx?id=77000

as opposed to the Sprint Touch Pro Spec sheet...

http://www.htc.com/us/product.aspx?id=71536

RAM is different
Processor is different
The Verizon Spec sheet says nothing about Accelerometer
Old 11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

we can assume vzw does have it
why would you have teeter without it!? you need an accelerometer for teeter
Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it doesn't have an accelerometer on it Verizon really gimped it to make the Blackberry Storm look better.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

I really think vzw spends more money screwing things up then if they just left it alone. How many versions are there and verizon is the only one to uniquely make it a piece of crap. First the memory issue, then the "arrow" on the keyboard, GPS locked down, now the accelerometer. Next they will make it Palm OS based with a qvga screen. why not, screwed everything else up. I cant wait to leave verizon (year and a half).

Old 11-22-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm sure it has an accelerometer.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Exclamation Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

I don't think so... Look at the pic I just posted... All the other details are in line with what is known about the Sprint version vs. the Verizon version... I hope I am wrong on this one...

This is where I found the info at...

http://www.wmexperts.com/articleimag...-details-1.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diamond-raphael-details-1.jpg (268.8 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

look vzw does have an accelerometer
they gimped the ram yes and the processor
thats about it
Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

TizOnly1 is just getting started

Accelerometer has been confirmed time and time over by people whom have actually used the device.

And yes... Teeter... why would they put Teeter on a device that doesn't have an accelerometer?

Honestly, I had been thinking of getting a Sprint Touch Pro and throwing it on The Network, but I'm just gonna go with the VZW model. I'm nowhere near the point where I can get a discout for upgrading, so it'd cost about the same. My major factors in making this decision are A) 192 MB of RAM really seems like enough, B) the keyboard seems dumb, but I'm sure my hands would get used to it within a week, just like they'd adjust to any keyboard layout, C) the GPS is locked down out of the box, but I'm sure I'll have fully functional GPS on my VZW Pro within 2 weeks anyway, but most importantly, D) I need my damn warranty.

There's no way I can buy a $500 device, without the ability to swap it out when I feel like it.

I swap phones when I see a scratch, so I need that warranty.

EDIT- That spec sheet is all wrong. It references a 400 MHz processor, which we know is completely off. Those were the original speculative specs on the VZW Touch Pro, not what we know to be true now.

As of now, the only KNOWN differences are less RAM, and a weird arrow in between "N" and "M".

We don't even know the difference between the way in which the two processors will perform, or if there will be differences at all.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 11-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

What benchmark utility can be used on both versions of the tp? That can test the ram and processor differences? I will soon have access to both...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

Last edited by nemanracing; 11-22-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro/leaked vz ROM

Freway01 is a n00b

Why would I want to pay full price for a Sprint Touch Pro then put it on Verizon when I can get it at Alltel for $279.99 which WILL BE Verizon in the near future?

Original question was is the Alltel Touch Pro like the Sprint Touch Pro, the AT&T Fuse, or the Verizon XV6850?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro