PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

i got this dock after days of searching and worry http://www.elitextreme.com/htctoprousbs1.html it seems to be working very well
Old 02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

does anyone else's Innocase squeak? Since it's so thin, it doesn't seem to really grab and hug onto the phone real well. The SLIGHTLY thicker ebay case hugged it real hard and there were no squeaks. However with the Innocase, it seems to be really flimsy.

Also, I'm selling a SEIDIO Leather Horizontal Case for $20 shipped if anyone is interested, I've decided to stay with my older Mogul case. The SEIDIO case is brand new.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

I know that was posted before but I'am confused with all the dimensions everyone is posting for the easecase, can you guys give me the perfect fit dimensions (not too tight) or
does the one posted on ebay has the prefect final measurement? then just fill in the details?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

My Siedo phone clip for the TP is going strong still.
Looks brand new!!!!!
http://www.midnightmods.com/2008/12/...touch-pro.html
Check it out over here!

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
I know that was posted before but I'am confused with all the dimensions everyone is posting for the easecase, can you guys give me the perfect fit dimensions (not too tight) or
does the one posted on ebay has the prefect final measurement? then just fill in the details?
They actually updated their dimensions. I bought another one and they told me I didn't have to worry about adding a few mm because they have new spacing. I just got my new case and it fits PERFECTLY

In your message after you buy it, just make sure they make the case with the new CDMA TP dimensions. They have excellent communication.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
They actually updated their dimensions. I bought another one and they told me I didn't have to worry about adding a few mm because they have new spacing. I just got my new case and it fits PERFECTLY

In your message after you buy it, just make sure they make the case with the new CDMA TP dimensions. They have excellent communication.
thank you for your response, I sent you a pm.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v
Carrier: Verizon

ColdBrew is a n00b

Are there any cradles that work with the Verizon Touch Pro? Verizon doesn't seem to sell any and I bought this one on ebay and it does NOT fit. The cradle is not wide enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300286801280

I bought this holster and think it is great!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270336888902

Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

5matec is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
Are there any cradles that work with the Verizon Touch Pro? Verizon doesn't seem to sell any and I bought this one on ebay and it does NOT fit. The cradle is not wide enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300286801280

I bought this holster and think it is great!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270336888902

i bought one similar to yours, http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Dock-Cradle-...1%7C240%3A1318
but had to scrape a little plastic on either side. fits great now. charges but slowly.

or you could try this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTERY-CHARGER-...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

KYarb is a n00b
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet? - Updated to include pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

I’ve been buying a few accessories for my Touch Pro lately and I wanted to give you guys a couple of reviews.

Fist up is the Seidio Spring Clip Holster for the Touch Pro (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...Code=HLHTCH2AS). First impressions of the clip, I was a little hesitate to put my valuable Touch Pro into a holster. I hate scratches on my phones and the possibility of my TP falling out and hitting the ground was the first thing to cross my mind. However, I was truly impressed the design of the holster. I’ve used Seidio products in the parts, so I wasn’t too surprised that this clip was actually manufactured with a lot of thought going into it.

The Look & Feel:

Seidio seems to have kept the soft rubber feel of its products in tact. This holster is extremely sturdy. I love the fact that the screen goes in first in order to protect it from all scratches and prying eyes. There is a soft micro-fiber covering inner back of the holster to protect the screen even more and to also keep the holster from scratching the screen as well.

Spring Clip:

I actually set there opening and closing the clip for about 15min just t seeing it loosened up an at all (my wife thought I was crazy). I was surprised that the spring still seemed as tight as when I took it out the box. The clip has a small hook that comes around and rest on the battery door of the TP. I would have liked to the clip to be a little tighter on the battery. However, I think the reason it isn’t so that it allows for you to use the Innocase along with the holster. I thought that was a great idea. I didn’t noticed that there appears to be a small rubber piece on the end that appears to be removable. I thought it may have been an additional safety feature when used with the Innocase, but I don’t see and opening on the back of the Innocase for it. (Hint)

Edit: After reviewing the Seidio website I noticed that there is Spring Clip Holster specifically for the Innocase.

Functionality:

The belt clip is extremely sturdy and tight. It’s actually a little hard to turn. This is a great thing. That way you don’t have to worry about it constantly turning upside down on its own (I HATE THAT). My TP is always in the correct position when it comes time answer the phone. At first I thought getting my TP out of the holster to be a challenge. But after carrying it around in the holster for a week, it got to be pretty easy.

Cons:
I would like for the Spring Hook to be a little tighter on the battery cover.
The $29.95 price tag seems high but is defineately worth it.

All in all I give the Seidio Spring Clip Holster a “A-“.

Hello, first time poster but I've been reading over the Touch Pro forums for a couple days. I'm expecting my TP to be arriving at the end of this week and was looking into accessories. I'm coming from a Motorola i880, and I love the holster design on Nextel phones, so I was wondering if you found this holster to be similar to the Nextel ones? I ask because I generally wear my i880 horizontal on the front of my belt, as it makes it easily accessible and doesn't annoy me when I'm driving. I'm not too sure I like the basic horizontal TP cases, though.

Was also wondering if you felt a Innocase (or any other for that matter) to be absolutely necessary.

In regards to the battery issues I've been reading about, I think it would be smart to grab an extra battery anyways, but I was wondering whether the Seidio 1500 or 2000 mAh would be better, as the 1500 isn't that big of an increase but it keeps the standard door. The 2000mAh claims +50% life but has that hump on the back. Although it seems like an easy choice, $15 more and you get an extra 40% life... Lol

Also wondering about the docks/cradles available... I really like the design of this one, but I'm on Sprint and it says it won't work. I looked around last night before bed and couldn't find one for Sprint, but I thought maybe someone would know. I'd also prefer a cradle that plugs into the wall, as it would be on my nightstand. Being able to roll over when someone calls me in the middle of the night and decide whether to answer them or not without having to grab my phone would be nice!

I think that's it for now... sorry for the ramble!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

you can't go wrong with seidio products... i had the extended battery for the titan/mogul and it was AWESOME! A world of difference (twice a day vs charging once a week).

i didn't get the battery because i was being cheap and i've found other ways to get what i need at work (inet) so i don't need to use the phone AS much.

but swapping batteries out will be apain in the arse with a case. so just think about that

gl and welcome aboard!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro