PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Holsters & Video Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
i thought the touch pro came with a belt clip holster? and i been ordered my video out cables and they are backordered for my order til nov 7th 08
I prefer the hard clip holsters as opposed to the pouches it comes with. It's kind of a PITA to pull the phone out of it.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
I prefer the hard clip holsters as opposed to the pouches it comes with. It's kind of a PITA to pull the phone out of it.
so if its not a hard clip holster what does it look like. i only saw the front of the carrying case that comes with the touch pro.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
so if its not a hard clip holster what does it look like. i only saw the front of the carrying case that comes with the touch pro.
Almost identical to the Mogul's pouch, except it is velcro. It is made out of some type of "leather" material and has a cardboard like substance sewn into the front and back. Not bad, but a hard case is substantially more sturdy.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I have been to about 6 stores to find a USB to VGA cable. No one has one. I got the same date on Expnasys and some other sites too. Ebay has nothing. I WANT that part. It was a main selling point for me.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I e-mailed Seidio today to see when they think they're going to have a holster and extended battery available for it. The phone won't be complete until I have those.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finster869 is keeping up the good workfinster869 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I e-mailed Seidio today to see when they think they're going to have a holster and extended battery available for it. The phone won't be complete until I have those.
Ditto. I emailed them too. They usually are pretty quick on developing new holsters.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I personally think Seidio sucks. There holsters have damaged my phones, their batteries don't perform as stated, and their email support is mediocre. I will stick with proclip for my hosters and Lion for my batteries. Seidio does seem to have the fastest product development though.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs down Crappy OEM Touch Pro case

The OEM Touch Pro case is a total piece of garbage. I put some magnets up to my Touch Pro, including the strong one in the OEM Touch case. Right up to the side of the Touch Pro, the magnet was even sticking to the phone. But it never even once powered up the Touch Pro. I even put a powerful old HDD magnet up to it and it didn't power it up.

So the decision by HTC to use velcro was completely a cost savings decision. The bottom of the case is almost completely open, with a pretty bizarre elastic pattern. I would guess they made it that way to accomodate other phones.

This case is barely protective and feels so cheap. Makes the old Touch case feel luxurious. Will be hunting for a better third party case. Just wanted others know that getting a case with magnet closure won't pose a problem.

-Ed
Old 10-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm not really sure how I should carry this thing around until the holsters come out. It's just a LITTLE too big to carry in my pocket and I could not hate the carrying case that it comes with any more.

As I previously said, it KINDA fits in my mogul holster, but because it's thinner, it rocks back and forth a little.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
Re: Crappy OEM Touch Pro case

Did you ever consider the fact that they didn't have to include a case at all?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro