PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Based on posts/experience, you have a 75% chance of having a defective Touch Pro.

I honestly believe that the people who have a "perfect" Touch Pro, really don't. The earpiece is definitely muffled, and the battery cover squeaks--even with tons of paper towel stuffed in there... ARG!!! the speaker is the worst part though... a hard-reset fixed most of my volume issues, but the earpiece still sounds terrible...
I can't say my Touch Pro is "perfect" but it's pretty close, I was fortunate enough to not encounter any of the problems you've described. Aside from some minor software gripes with the Sprint customizations my device has been operating flawlessly. One thing I can report on is that it appears to be a dead pixel on the CCD when I'm taking photos. I haven't investigated it in-depth, but it was fairly provident on my first few photos. But it's nothing you can see unless you take a dark photograph and import it over the the PC at full 2048x1536 resolution and then ZOOM in to see the dead pixel. So it's really nothing to whine about. I love this device, hope the rest of you are able to acquire one soon. -- and to stay on topic -- I want Sprint to stock up asap so if god forbid I damage the phone there's an insurance replacement waiting already at the local Sprint store.

Last edited by wjrandon; 10-29-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Typos getting use to the TP keyboad ;-)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dancrosoft is a n00b

You can go to the local sprint store for an insurance replacement??
Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I did once for my Mogul when I had a button on the keyboard stuck. It was a corporate Sprint store if that matters. The tech took my busted Mogul to the back room to repair it but they were out of spare Mogul keyboard parts, so he gave me the option of leaving it in the store and waiting for the repairs to be made (which would have left me phone less) or using the Asurion total protection plan I have on my account. They waved the deductible since it was damaged under warranty and I walked away with a new Mogul the same day.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I think sprint has a new policy where if you going in for repairs and your phone can't make calls or send calls they CAN NOT let you leave the store with out giving you a phone that does!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dancrosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I think sprint has a new policy where if you going in for repairs and your phone can't make calls or send calls they CAN NOT let you leave the store with out giving you a phone that does!
SWEEEET! That would make sense. Cause I would be pissed and would demand a service credit if I had to go without a phone.... Especially since I have had insurance for the past 6 years and have only used it once....
Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
You can go to the local sprint store for an insurance replacement??
You can replace in store for just about any reason depending on which insurance you have. If you have the full $7/mo TEP insurance (like I have) then you should be able to get it replaced for most reasons. I bought a 6700 off ebay a while back that I ended up cracking the screen on and they gave me a brand new replacement in store.

I've heard that for certain things they will make you get it replaced through Asurion for $50. The reasons I've heard are water damage or if the phone is horribly damaged (i.e. beat with a hammer). I can't verify this as I've never run into either situation.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lollll just talked to telesales a second ago. they told me the TP will be out in mid Dec
Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dancrosoft is a n00b

Has anyone ever seen an address like this before?

reg.asp

The site apparently shortened it but look at the whole link...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

themystx2 is just getting started

I just called telesales and they basically said "I don't know".

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

idk cuz my girl just broke hers and they ordered her one for free but she has to go without a fone for 3 days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro