PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
The main project HTC has me on right now is a full conversion of the Touch HD, and guess who is discussing that phone with HTC, hmm none other then Sprint and verizon.
I am really flabergasted that Sprint was not already discussing this. I can't understand some of the reasoning that goes on behind the scenes. Sprint and Verizon both want something that is a direct compatition for the Iphone and yet, totally miss the mark by initially skipping the HD. It just makes no sense to me.

If they do decide to go forward with the HD....please please please Critical...try to keep Sprint from killing it by doing the same brainless idea of leaving out an SD slot on the Diamond. Seriously, who ever agreed to that should have been shot.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
I am really flabergasted that Sprint was not already discussing this. I can't understand some of the reasoning that goes on behind the scenes. Sprint and Verizon both want something that is a direct compatition for the Iphone and yet, totally miss the mark by initially skipping the HD. It just makes no sense to me.

If they do decide to go forward with the HD....please please please Critical...try to keep Sprint from killing it by doing the same brainless idea of leaving out an SD slot on the Diamond. Seriously, who ever agreed to that should have been shot.
or at least putting in 16 gigs of storage. if your going to compete with the Iphone at least hold up to its basic standards.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

bigwest is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavin View Post
I finalized my EVP order yesterday afternoon towards the end of the day. They told me the order would go in on the 2nd, ship on the 3rd, and arrive overnite to me on the 4th (for only a couple bucks extra).

I'll end up paying $399, but with $100 rebate it'll cost $299, plus contract. Now what I don't know yet is if I can get the 20% I'm supposed to get off being a Microsoft employee. Seems if I'd waited and walked into the store I might get that. I'll have to call and see if I can get that applied.

Of course if I'd been a little more patient, I might have gotten one on Sun or Mon at the local Sprint store. But the operating word in that sentence is "might".

Other than that, I'm just sitting here rubbing hands together, waiting 'till next week.
Yeah did my EVP order also only because I could have the bill placed on my sprint bill and they were the only ones that would have honored the deal retentions gave me over the phone...I'm not eligible for a upgrade until 2010 (I BLAME THIS ON THE INSTINCT) but retentions pushed it forward to this Nov. 1st so i can get the 150 off CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
or at least putting in 16 gigs of storage. if your going to compete with the Iphone at least hold up to its basic standards.
I could maybe live with that but 32gb SD cards are coming soon if not already out and by the time the HD would go live, 16gb might be considered to little to late.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

If you could order the TP from telesales and the website on Friday, wouldn't that mean the phone would be shipped on Monday at the earliest? I didn't think that Sprint pays for Saturday shipping on any of their phones...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would hope that they would be shipped out on friday if u place the order eaely and u would get on monday ... so u get a day earlier .. thanks sprint ... haha... release the dam thing today ...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post

The main project HTC has me on right now is a full conversion of the Touch HD, and guess who is discussing that phone with HTC, hmm none other then Sprint and verizon. So I will be a little busy today but not be much.
Critical can you please please on your next conference call tell them to make a touch hd pro it will sell like crazy and the market demands it will be a direct competitor to the iphone and its a easy way for sprint to double dip or even make it the touch pro HD. With a Q1 09 launch date keep the same operation system as the touch pro add memory, for the hd. If they make it non sd slot make it 16gb internal or dont change the chip set from the touch pro. Include a sd slot. All they have to do is overclock it too handle hd add heat sinks (you would be able to add them easily because of the size of the phone and the keyboard gives you extra room for the heatsinks) there little to no research and design due to using the tp chipset, its cost effective for htc all you doing is adding memory and adding heatsinks for the overclocking. It will be a touch pro just with a bigger screen and format changes to the viewing programs. Total cost effectiveness at its best. and everyones happy.=D>
Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i would hope that they would be shipped out on friday if u place the order eaely and u would get on monday ... so u get a day earlier .. thanks sprint ... haha... release the dam thing today ...
Ditto about releasing it already! LoL I ordered mine thru evp with next day shipping be nice to get it this week with an early release!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b

Critical, I have went through three phones and there's major build quality issues. From bad keyboards, buzzing earpieces and non-functioning speakerphones. Can you let someone know that we're seeing issues like these? 3 major issues out of 3 phones is pretty bad if you ask me.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrey View Post
Critical, I have went through three phones and there's major build quality issues. From bad keyboards, buzzing earpieces and non-functioning speakerphones. Can you let someone know that we're seeing issues like these? 3 major issues out of 3 phones is pretty bad if you ask me.
if your talking about the mogul thats a redundant speech get in line but we have moved on from that its tp time. if you went through 3 tp's than damn where do you live in a nuclear reactor
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro