PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Ahh the website is back up, I wonder what happened? But as for the news:

Sprint is pushing for release to telesales on Oct 30th, as they stated this is only a estimate but this what there pushing for, there were also discussing doing halloween release due to it would be a on friday. Now I asked why this is only a estimate and it was explained the projected date and offical date is NOV 2. Now I did ask would this include EVP orders and that is also in discussion. Basicilly to put it simple Sprint is pushing for early telesales release but they will not make anything offical nor will they provide a striaght answer.

Now the good thing is this information can change at anytime which means the next conference call tonight could mean they decided, as of right now there still in discussion, reason behind it is due to quanity of the phone, There are still orders on delay. As far as I can see quanity of the phone is still in mid to high range but I can see there point.

Now when will stores receive the phone? This is where it got a little touchy. From what sprint had explained they also expected stores to have the phone by Nov.2 most should have already received the Demo models and Displays. Now they explained its possible for delay on this due to quanity but this would only be for the sprint stores not telesales.

I do have a few more conference calls with them this week and I am still going to push for a striaght answer! ( I'm also awaiting my EVP order), so I will keep us all updated.

hopefully they will give straight answer on the release for telesales.... i mean, there is only a few days left until the 2nd
Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
So just got off the phone with Sprint. The rep said the 4th? Anyone else hearing that? I'm getting mine through retentions so maybe that is why?? Things that make you go hmmm....
I finalized my EVP order yesterday afternoon towards the end of the day. They told me the order would go in on the 2nd, ship on the 3rd, and arrive overnite to me on the 4th (for only a couple bucks extra).

I'll end up paying $399, but with $100 rebate it'll cost $299, plus contract. Now what I don't know yet is if I can get the 20% I'm supposed to get off being a Microsoft employee. Seems if I'd waited and walked into the store I might get that. I'll have to call and see if I can get that applied.

Of course if I'd been a little more patient, I might have gotten one on Sun or Mon at the local Sprint store. But the operating word in that sentence is "might".

Other than that, I'm just sitting here rubbing hands together, waiting 'till next week.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Ahh the website is back up, I wonder what happened? But as for the news:

Sprint is pushing for release to telesales on Oct 30th, as they stated this is only a estimate but this what there pushing for, there were also discussing doing halloween release due to it would be a on friday. Now I asked why this is only a estimate and it was explained the projected date and offical date is NOV 2. Now I did ask would this include EVP orders and that is also in discussion. Basicilly to put it simple Sprint is pushing for early telesales release but they will not make anything offical nor will they provide a striaght answer.

Now the good thing is this information can change at anytime which means the next conference call tonight could mean they decided, as of right now there still in discussion, reason behind it is due to quanity of the phone, There are still orders on delay. As far as I can see quanity of the phone is still in mid to high range but I can see there point.

Now when will stores receive the phone? This is where it got a little touchy. From what sprint had explained they also expected stores to have the phone by Nov.2 most should have already received the Demo models and Displays. Now they explained its possible for delay on this due to quanity but this would only be for the sprint stores not telesales.

I do have a few more conference calls with them this week and I am still going to push for a striaght answer! ( I'm also awaiting my EVP order), so I will keep us all updated.
so what time is this conference call tonight? you've got me all excited about a possible in store swap within my 30 day window!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

In my case sprint agreed to exchange my phone with any model I want.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by osva View Post
In my case sprint agreed to exchange my phone with any model I want.
same here. i emailed and asked if i could order through EVPdiscount and basically they said i can order through any sprint channel as long as they are able to bill my sprint account directly (phone price comes up on monthly bill). I did this as I dunno if I'll have time to go to the sprint store to find that some punk college-kid beat me to it cause i work from 6AM to 6PM 5 days a week. =P

Im not hating on college people just jealous of my youthful days!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
so what time is this conference call tonight? you've got me all excited about a possible in store swap within my 30 day window!

haha i was wondering the same thing about the conf. call
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Will you guys push the new back cover at this meeting? OH PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!! And what about reports of the screen being unresponsive near the edges, and the uneven lower buttons?

Anyway, thanks for all the info!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

xsictransitx is just getting started

@Critical

Are you still on for the Telus call today? We are all getting antsy up north!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
Can I ask where you found a 16gb MicroSD card? or am I missing something?
Please keep these kind of questions out of this thread. There is a "Sticky" thread at the the top of this borad that discusses accessories. Check there since there has been a lot of good information on deals posted there already.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Will you guys push the new back cover at this meeting? OH PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!! And what about reports of the screen being unresponsive near the edges, and the uneven lower buttons?

Anyway, thanks for all the info!
i must say i saw the unlocked diamond and saw the black back cover on that vs the silver on the sprint htc touch pro and def like the black one better... adds so much more style ... not sure why sprint always has to put there own flavor on things.. but i do like that sprint rounded the edges on the pro.. now if sprint would just release the dam phone already then i would be even more happy =D>
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro