PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Coming out in 6 to 8 weeks

Conflipper, thanks for the info. Any details on the Diamond (i.e. color, specs)? Any idea on release date for the Diamond and the Touch Pro?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

^^^ Touch Diamond is already out for sprint and the touch pro will be out oct 19th
Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
^^^ Touch Diamond is already out for sprint and the touch pro will be out oct 19th
Not the alltel version, just Tellus. (The thread was edited to specify alltel...just noticed now).
Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

O ok my mistake
Old 09-25-2008, 01:54 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

i have not heard anything about any release dates for either device. The pro is black, and i am sure the diamond will be the same,

I also now that they are the same specs has sprint, so they are not crippled like verizon will be.

You have to hate how verizon does that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,

manofhonor24 is a n00b

i ran across this thread and I can't be silent anymore.

When you call Verizon Wireless and you ask an agent on the phone if there is a new phone coming out, why would you expect them to know that? And if they did, do you think that they would tell you?

Also alltel was bough in 2007 by private partners, and they have made it very known they were trying to sell their company since then. Plus alltel is not a major player at all. They are not even a nationwide carrier. They roam off of Verizon's Network, just like Sprint does, in areas that they don't have towers for their customers.

Also data(tech specs, datasheets, versions, model) is kept hush-hush for a reason. And one of those reasons is to uncover potential issues with devices, software, etc. When I worked for Sprint, a new phone would be released and within 3 weeks it would be sold to the customer. Now that's a good thing if you just want to get product out, but not if you want it returned. We even had a tool that would tell us which shipment a particular phone was on, and when it p***** customs. A lot of time, there was insufficient testing. And while we are being honest most people dont have the time or the patience to deal with it. Most people take no liability for their decisions. Most of the time they are ready to write it off as being broken, and they want another one.

So don't ask, because I am not going to tell you. But stop comparing the diamond to the touch pro. that's like comparing the vogue/xv6900 to the Mogul/xv6800. They are just different. Oh I will tell you this there are at least 3 different CDMA versions of the HTC Touch Diamond AND the HTC Touch Diamond Pro. So you will have to wait to see the devices launched on their respective carriers. And those are just the US versions

Last edited by manofhonor24; 09-27-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey guys, I found some info on the Touch Pro coming out for Alltel.

You can find the info in this thread.

Last edited by Oxymoron238; 09-27-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofhonor24 View Post
i ran across this thread and I can't be silent anymore.

When you call Verizon Wireless and you ask an agent on the phone if there is a new phone coming out, why would you expect them to know that? And if they did, do you think that they would tell you?
I expect my service provider to know what phones are coming out because that is part of why I pay them, not just for monthly phone service but for general customer service as well, and if they did actually know something they will tell me, again, knowing that I am a paying customer and if they want to keep my business they gonna let me know what the new toy will be.

Quote:
So don't ask, because I am not going to tell you. But stop comparing the diamond to the touch pro. that's like comparing the vogue/xv6900 to the Mogul/xv6800. They are just different. Oh I will tell you this there are at least 3 different CDMA versions of the HTC Touch Diamond AND the HTC Touch Diamond Pro. So you will have to wait to see the devices launched on their respective carriers. And those are just the US versions
So don't ask what? What are you talking about? As far as comparisons, whats wrong with comparing two phones, of course they are all different thats why we compare them, if they were all the same then there will never be anything to actually compare. When you say there will be 3 different cdma versions is that hardware?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started

Quote:
So don't ask, because I am not going to tell you.
Why even come here if you are not planning on sharing information? This always perplexed me to a certain degree.

You are somewhat anonymous, just let us know what you know. What could it hurt? You might make someone have some hope that they might get what they want.

It never made any sense to me, of the forum mentality, by saying "I know something that you don't, NaNaBooBoo." If you are gonna tease it, spill the info, or just keep quiet. We are all just geeks anyway... spending hours talking about phones...

/soapbox
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

alltel touch pro pics here:
http://www.wikiwhor-e.com/touchpro/Site/Photos.html#5 <-remove the dash, language filter

crappy quality
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro