PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Coming out in 6 to 8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
alltel touch pro pics here:
http://www.wikiwhor-e.com/touchpro/Site/Photos.html#5 <-remove the dash, language filter

crappy quality
Thank you, cant wait for this thing to come out for sprint. I always wanted to see a side by side pic of the 6800 and the pro

Old 09-27-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofhonor24 View Post

Also alltel was bough in 2007 by private partners, and they have made it very known they were trying to sell their company since then. Plus alltel is not a major player at all. They are not even a nationwide carrier. They roam off of Verizon's Network, just like Sprint does, in areas that they don't have towers for their customers.
Lets start at where you are right. Alltel is really not a major carrier. Just the 5th largest in the country. (as Cingular and ATT are the same now.) Adding number 2 Verizon and number 5 Alltel beats number 1 ATT for the number one spot in the country.
Alltel actually OWNs the largest network in the country, but its mostly in rural areas, as in not in major citys. As most people live in or very close to major citys, they have to roam to get service. And as there is more land to cover that does not include citys they have more LAND covered.
Over the past 6 to 8 years they have been buying up all the small companies around the US increasing their coverage. They didn't get big until Verizon tried to buy up another CDMA company (don't remember who) and wasn't aloud to by the FCC because they had to many towers over lapping. Alltel said we will buy the others you can't and share all the towers. So they did. (that agreement is up now).
I stop roaming if I drive 35 min south or 60 west or 45 north 30 min east puts me in Canada. But as I said I stop roaming using a real Alltel tower when I can do *228 and update my PRL OTA. I drove from Detroit MI to Seattle WA and from what I remember was roaming in or near major citys but not over land that didn't have much. I still had good coverage in the mountains not roaming. Mt Pleasant, Battle Creek, Lansing, and North of Flint depending on your pocket you should not be roaming at all, Except for Mackinaw just below the Bridge. In the Upper Pen, is where I first found Alltel and you wont Roam up there at all. Those are just the areas I know for sure.
I can't remember where I read this (right when it was announced Verizon bought Alltel), but Alltel was trying to get more market, and were secretly trying to buy major company's like Sprint and Verizon (not sure how that was ever going to happen, and sounds crazy to me), and actually after trying to buy Verizon a few times Verizon came back and said we want to buy you, and then they did. I think it was the interview I read with Alltel CEO talking about Verizon buying them. He slipped up and mentioned something about it and then didn't deny it when asked directly.
Oh and I don't roam off Verizon network, I Roam off of Sprints.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,
Carrier: Verizon

manofhonor24 is a n00b

And we can go back and forth with this. Alltel has roaming agreements with both Sprint and Verizon. Alltel is a regional carrier, meaning they don't have their own equipment nationwide. Alltel also has more roaming agreements with Verizon than they do with Sprint. It just depends on what section of the US you are in as to who you will pick up.

Now as far as not being allowed to buy towers because of overlapping coverage is not correct. Verizon has been spending money in acquisitions not to mention the 6 to 8 billion they spend on the network each year. While Sprint just sold its network to Tower Co. for 670 million dollars.

Also being 5th doesn't make you a major player. Being 5th on a list of 7 or 8 probably not where you want to be. And unfortunately they can't change it. AT&T has 75 million, Verizon has 70 Million, Sprint has 52 million, and T Mobile has 15 million, Alltel has 13 million. Now these are just estimates as well as information that can be found anywhere.

My point was that I can't talk about the information so don't ask, and anyone that has the correct information can't talk about it anyway. Also there are so many different versions of the Diamond and the Diamond Pro in the US, so its almost impossible to know which version which carrier will be getting. You just have to wait and see.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

manofhonor24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I expect my service provider to know what phones are coming out because that is part of why I pay them, not just for monthly phone service but for general customer service as well, and if they did actually know something they will tell me, again, knowing that I am a paying customer and if they want to keep my business they gonna let me know what the new toy will be.
No, read your contract again. Thats not why you pay them. Thats why you think you pay them. You pay them for cell service and they provide it. Simple as that. Everything else is just a benefit that they choose to provide of the service they provide. That is why they can have their own terms and agreements. Now I know that is a customer service oriented industry, but do you really want a phone that isn't ready? A lot of times we forget that the carriers are just like us. They are buying a phone from the manufacturers, so we don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, i love the new gadget on the block probably more than anyone. But because you are a paying customer doesn't mean you are worth less or more than the next paying customer. So they treat everyone fairly.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

manofhonor24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
So don't ask what? What are you talking about? As far as comparisons, whats wrong with comparing two phones, of course they are all different thats why we compare them, if they were all the same then there will never be anything to actually compare. When you say there will be 3 different cdma versions is that hardware?
I did tell you...Read between the lines.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofhonor24 View Post
Also being 5th doesn't make you a major player.
LOL when I said that I did sound sarcastic, but I meant it. They are not a major carrier. As 5th place is far from 4th in this case.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well if anyone has the "tool" for alltel, we will know when it pases customs. then 3 weeks after that it will be released.

thanks for being extremely vague.

on engadget someone loaded a verizon sales traing schedule. touch pro training was in december. (december 13th or something, go check)
Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
well if anyone has the "tool" for alltel, we will know when it pases customs. then 3 weeks after that it will be released.

thanks for being extremely vague.

on engadget someone loaded a verizon sales traing schedule. touch pro training was in december. (december 13th or something, go check)
Thanks, dude is talking like he is holding top secret nuclear information about some super secret project in north korea or some ****. Whats the of point mentioning something to everyone here then saying you can't talk about it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Altell

luckieyoung is a n00b

Yeah that guy seems like a real ******* that needs a hug lol.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Yea I try not to add to many apps that might hurt my mogul
Hey just a quick word... there are no apps that can hurt your mogul,,, if by apps you mean programs, just standard proggies like games, nav proggies, and all the other cool stuff like that,, none of that can hurt your phone,, if you load it and it screws up, you can always hard reset and back in business,,...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro