PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Touch Pro Coming out in 6 to 8 weeks

I am not sure if anyone found out about this, or has posted it yet...
But I had called Alltel to order a BB Curve or my Girlfriend, and got into a conversation about upcoming phones,.. Turns out the guy i was talking too was a beta tester for Alltel. He said that that the Touch Pro should be out with in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Also mentioned something about the HTC Diamond. But at that point seemed to get his phone names mixed up with devices, and features to what phone (including the touch pro), so I am not really sure what to believe. No matter what, I would guess he was at least right on the idea of a new touch phone coming out within the next 2 months.
One more thing, he did say the new phone was coming with WM6.1=D>... Hopefully he was not confusing that with another phone, as it sounds like he has to many phones on his mind.
Can anyone verify this? or what have you guys heard about new upcoming phones?

Last edited by arik; 09-16-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Touch Pro Coming out in 6 to 8 weeks

Sweet! I may just get it before the Verizon buyout since the Verizon model will be crippled.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Sweet! I may just get it before the Verizon buyout since the Verizon model will be crippled.
Not sure on price, but the Alltel phones are usually also cheaper then the other carriers for the same phone, at least when bought online, but if you call, you can get them to give you the same online deal. I don't think they can match the online price in the store, as I heard rumor the online store is not owned by Alltel, but contracted out sort of like a franchise store, but with more flexibility. Not sure how true that is...

Last edited by arik; 09-15-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b

nickf126 is a n00b

Being that it is going to be on Alltel, it is going to be CDMA? If so, that means there may be a Verizon version at some point in the future?

(HOPING!)
Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
Being that it is going to be on Alltel, it is going to be CDMA? If so, that means there may be a Verizon version at some point in the future?

(HOPING!)

I believe that is a fair statement. I know not all phones go to all carriers that use the same tech (GSM, CDMA, ect) but as HTC goes... Verizon, Alltel and Sprint, I would expect (weather it happens or not) all 3 company's to have the same phones sooner or later.
Also as Alltel is going to be part of Verizon soon, I would be very surprised if they didn't get it.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post

(HOPING!)
Early on in the reports for the Touch Pro, there was a comparison chart of Sprint vs. Verizon Touch Pro models.

Did a quick search for you on Google and found it:
http://www.windowsmobilecool.com/200...touch-diamond/

Verizon version isn't going to have the same specs and will be significantly reduced in performance aspects
Old 09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Early on in the reports for the Touch Pro, there was a comparison chart of Sprint vs. Verizon Touch Pro models.

Did a quick search for you on Google and found it:
http://www.windowsmobilecool.com/200...touch-diamond/

Verizon version isn't going to have the same specs and will be significantly reduced in performance aspects

That makes me think you want to get the phone when it comes out for Alltel and use the Verizon network after the merger... but I also thought the two phones, and the title to the article sort of states, were different phones. "Sprints HTC Touch Pro vs. Verizon's HTC Touch Diamond" One with a full slide out keyboard and the other with out one. As the keyboard with take some space and force the phone to be physically deigned differently, I can then understand the phones to have different specs even though they look very much a like.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
That makes me think you want to get the phone when it comes out for Alltel and use the Verizon network after the merger... but I also thought the two phones, and the title to the article sort of states, were different phones. "Sprints HTC Touch Pro vs. Verizon's HTC Touch Diamond" One with a full slide out keyboard and the other with out one. As the keyboard with take some space and force the phone to be physically deigned differently, I can then understand the phones to have different specs even though they look very much a like.
You know, I never really looked into it cuz it didn't make a difference to me (never intended on going to another cell provider). You're right. They are comparing the Sprint Touch Pro to the Verizon Diamond...stupid comparison. I guess I never really took a better look at the comparisons.

Anyhow, when this was originally released (back in August some time), I not many people paid attention to the fact that they were comparing 2 phones that would be different anyway...LOL (myself included).

Well, I guess it's a "wait and see" thing for Verizon.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Lurker

000 is a n00b

I heard the Touch Diamond is coming out for alltel "sometime in October" but haven't heard anything on the Touch Pro. This would be awesome. I was thinking about buying a sprint version of the pro and flashing it to alltel, but maybe now I won't have to!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jmstansell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
That is actually the comparison of the Diamond phones for the two carriers as the code name for the Sprint Touch Pro is the "Herman" and the Sprint Diamond was code named "Victor." At the end of the article it says that the Touch Pro for both have the same specs as the Diamond for the individual companies except they will both have an expandable memory slot, the same amount of ROM (512 for both) and flash.

The Sprint Touch Pro will have the better processor, memory, g sensor, and probably a few other things and the Verizon Touch pro will be a dumbed down version just like their Diamond.

I'm interested in what the look will be for Verizon and Alltel though. I wonder if they will have the faceted back?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro