View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 02:41 PM
manofhonor24
PPCGeeks Regular

manofhonor24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Coming out in 6 to 8 weeks

i ran across this thread and I can't be silent anymore.

When you call Verizon Wireless and you ask an agent on the phone if there is a new phone coming out, why would you expect them to know that? And if they did, do you think that they would tell you?

Also alltel was bough in 2007 by private partners, and they have made it very known they were trying to sell their company since then. Plus alltel is not a major player at all. They are not even a nationwide carrier. They roam off of Verizon's Network, just like Sprint does, in areas that they don't have towers for their customers.

Also data(tech specs, datasheets, versions, model) is kept hush-hush for a reason. And one of those reasons is to uncover potential issues with devices, software, etc. When I worked for Sprint, a new phone would be released and within 3 weeks it would be sold to the customer. Now that's a good thing if you just want to get product out, but not if you want it returned. We even had a tool that would tell us which shipment a particular phone was on, and when it p***** customs. A lot of time, there was insufficient testing. And while we are being honest most people dont have the time or the patience to deal with it. Most people take no liability for their decisions. Most of the time they are ready to write it off as being broken, and they want another one.

So don't ask, because I am not going to tell you. But stop comparing the diamond to the touch pro. that's like comparing the vogue/xv6900 to the Mogul/xv6800. They are just different. Oh I will tell you this there are at least 3 different CDMA versions of the HTC Touch Diamond AND the HTC Touch Diamond Pro. So you will have to wait to see the devices launched on their respective carriers. And those are just the US versions

Last edited by manofhonor24; 09-27-2008 at 03:58 PM.