PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlondeAndBlueMale View Post
I realize being the only voice of constant gloom and doom is probably going to lead to you all ignoring me, but I got another update on the Touch Pro's release date from Sprint. Our corporate Sprint rep. said that the new release date that is being circulated inside Sprint is Dec. 2nd. He refused to comment on why, but mentioned that there have been alot of pre-sales. What I do not understand is, why push it in to December? The big Christmas shopping starts in Nov. Regardless, it seems as though Oct. 19 is truly, "out the window". Aaaaarrghhhhh!
I think you're full of ****. You're a new member with only 6 posts, and you keep posting these 'push backs.'

I have it confirmed from several people at sprint in dealing with my current issues that it will be released on the 19th. Several people have preordered from EVP and also received ship dates of the 20th. So please stop spreading fud.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

FM radio won't be missed by me. That's what mp3s and internet radio are for.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Ok, so I just got off the phone with the CEO of Sprint, and he told me that they have decided NOT to release the Touch Pro. They have sold all the devices to Alltel and plan on waiting until they can make a deal with Apple in a few years to release an Iphone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Ok, obviously I'm kidding...

I really hope it is released on the 19th, but the 2nd of November wouldn't surprise me much either.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I think you're full of ****. You're a new member with only 6 posts, and you keep posting these 'push backs.'

I have it confirmed from several people at sprint in dealing with my current issues that it will be released on the 19th. Several people have preordered from EVP and also received ship dates of the 20th. So please stop spreading fud.
Being one of the first people to pre-order my Pro, I can say that he could be absolutely correct on the push-back. At no point in time has anyone been able to concretely-say that the phone will be released on the 19th.

People may as well just stop talking about the release dates, because we know they are almost never accurate. Just enjoy the phone when it comes to the market.

Thank you,

Common Sense
Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the CEO of Sprint, and he told me that they have decided NOT to release the Touch Pro. They have sold all the devices to Alltel and plan on waiting until they can make a deal with Apple in a few years to release an Iphone. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Ok, obviously I'm kidding...

I really hope it is released on the 19th, but the 2nd of November wouldn't surprise me much either.
you just saved a thousand people from jumping out of windows lol!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

I agree with the store getting the phones on 11/2. The release date is definitely still 10/19.

Reasoning? The Touch Diamond was long rumored to be released on 9/14 and lo and behold that's the day it was put up for sale. Sprint store's won't received their shipments/displays of that phone until 10/12.

It is fairly safe to say, with all of the released screenshots, heresay, leaked documentation, news feeds, etc, that the release date is STILL 10/19.

Just because you have 1 contact that states something compared to everything else out there saying another makes it hard to believe.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I just left my local Sprint Hub Store swapping out my Mogul and I asked when the stores would get the Diamond. He told me it would release in stores on or around Oct 16th. So I asked about the Pro, and he said thatit was backed a few weeks, but still in Oct.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
I agree with the store getting the phones on 11/2. The release date is definitely still 10/19.

Reasoning? The Touch Diamond was long rumored to be released on 9/14 and lo and behold that's the day it was put up for sale. Sprint store's won't received their shipments/displays of that phone until 10/12.

It is fairly safe to say, with all of the released screenshots, heresay, leaked documentation, news feeds, etc, that the release date is STILL 10/19.

Just because you have 1 contact that states something compared to everything else out there saying another makes it hard to believe.
He's been quite accurate in the past, with rom release dates and whatnot. The problem is that Sprint is so sectioned off that employees often don't know the whole story. I get a different answer from every rep I talk to, not just with release dates.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
He's been quite accurate in the past, with rom release dates and whatnot. The problem is that Sprint is so sectioned off that employees often don't know the whole story. I get a different answer from every rep I talk to, not just with release dates.
Same here... and this is why i no longer ask questions of them... a majority of the members of this site know more about sprint than sprint employees do! i ask my questions here.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
Eh, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still think it's gonna be released on the 19th especially when EVERYTHING points to it being released then.

*shrug*
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro