PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

Agree with the OP. The only problems I'm having are the horrible battery life and a faulty connector. I suspect the connector gets broken in time with the Proclip wired car mount. The same thing happened to my Mogul before the TP, except with a different brand adapter. It's my experience that if you want to avoid problems down the road, stick with OEM accessories. My next phone will probably be a 4G unit. For now, the TP fills the ticket.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Lot a XBox 360 hardware issues out there and you don't see people throwing them under the bus. 9 TP I call bull crap. Just people way of justifying wanting to rip off their carrier to try and get something for nothing (TP2). I'm on my second and that's only because of cracked plastic. According to some people I don't see how I could possibly have two with no hardware issues. According to them they are all bad, I don't believe it. I just read a guy said the screen was too small for his fat thumbs. Then he said the keyboard was scooshy, YA after you just got done smashing the crap out of it. You know what if you just didn't like the device just say so but I don't see how anyone could go threw more than a couple. I don't believe it so there.

I will say this: So you are some super power user from he11 (hold on I'm calling my mom to tell her). Ok and you think the device should be able to take it? So if you buy a new refrigerator and stand there and open the door 9 million times on the 9 millionth and 1 time it falls of the hinges do you get on the net and tell everyone its a peace of junk? Sound like it. Sounds to me like it held up pretty good to with stand your abuse.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 01-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Lot a XBox 360 hardware issues out there and you don't see people throwing them under the bus. 9 TP I call bull crap. Just people way of justifying wanting to rip off their carrier to try and get something for nothing (TP2). I'm on my second and that's only because of cracked plastic. According to some people I don't see how I could possibly have two with no hardware issues. According to them they are all bad, I don't believe it. I just read a guy said the screen was too small for his fat thumbs. Then he said the keyboard was scooshy, YA after you just got done smashing the crap out of it. You know what if you just didn't like the device just say so but I don't see how anyone could go threw more than a couple. I don't believe it so there.

I will say this: So you are some super power user from he11 (hold on I'm calling my mom to tell her). Ok and you think the device should be able to take it? So if you buy a new refrigerator and stand there and open the door 9 million times on the 9 millionth and 1 time it falls of the hinges do you get on the net and tell everyone its a peace of junk? Sound like it. Sounds to me like it held up pretty good to with stand your abuse.
I agree, it's hard to believe someone has gone through 9 TP's.
It seems like there are actually people here who have had there TP for almost a year and have had no hardware issues(Including me).
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
I agree, it's hard to believe someone has gone through 9 TP's.
It seems like there are actually people here who have had there TP for almost a year and have had no hardware issues(Including me).
I will say this too the XBox probably isn't the best example because there were plenty of faulty XBox's. I even have one with the famous RROD. Still love the xbox though didn't throw it under the bus. You know why? Because M$ isn't giving out XBox 720s as replacements.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JConnabun is a n00b

I agree that if Microsoft released a 720 and offered it as a replacement for the 360 then you would certainly see a larger out cry of how "awful" and "poorly constructed" the 360 was and why it needs to be replaced for free. However, in some defense when I was at the Sprint store getting my third Touch Pro in nine months the Sprint Tech did mention that these phones "have a higher than usual failure rate, so don't be surprised if you have to come back again."

Whether that was driven through exaggeration, fact or a belief that I had purposefully and cleverly found a way to break it, I don’t know. With the surge of people making claims to get a TP2 those numbers could certainly be skewed as well. Anyway if you own a TP and you are happy with it then great and if you hate it and get a TP2 which makes you happy then wonderful. In the end, it is all personal choice and opinion anyway.
Oh, I didn’t break either TP purposefully. The other two had issues with the unit not recognizing the physical keyboard and the other had a bad speaker.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JConnabun View Post
I agree that if Microsoft released a 720 and offered it as a replacement for the 360 then you would certainly see a larger out cry of how "awful" and "poorly constructed" the 360 was and why it needs to be replaced for free. However, in some defense when I was at the Sprint store getting my third Touch Pro in nine months the Sprint Tech did mention that these phones "have a higher than usual failure rate, so don't be surprised if you have to come back again."

Whether that was driven through exaggeration, fact or a belief that I had purposefully and cleverly found a way to break it, I don’t know. With the surge of people making claims to get a TP2 those numbers could certainly be skewed as well. Anyway if you own a TP and you are happy with it then great and if you hate it and get a TP2 which makes you happy then wonderful. In the end, it is all personal choice and opinion anyway.
Oh, I didn’t break either TP purposefully. The other two had issues with the unit not recognizing the physical keyboard and the other had a bad speaker.

My thought is they should not be replacing TP with TP2's. They should continue to replace them with referbs. M$ doesn't send a new console for your dead one. All they have done is create insentives to distroy your device. Also I find it hard to believe that people are so up in arms over the TP and want a TP2 when they are essentially the same device. I would think that if they were so bad most would wont something like a blackberry. Heck I wish I was having problems (NOT knocking on wood) I would love to have a TP2 SINCE I love my TP so much.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
My thought is they should not be replacing TP with TP2's. They should continue to replace them with referbs. M$ doesn't send a new console for your dead one. All they have done is create insentives to distroy your device. Also I find it hard to believe that people are so up in arms over the TP and want a TP2 when they are essentially the same device. I would think that if they were so bad most would wont something like a blackberry. Heck I wish I was having problems (NOT knocking on wood) I would love to have a TP2 SINCE I love my TP so much.

Lets get it straight..they are not replacing TP with TP2. Only a few are...very few, depending on who they talk to at Sprint insurance.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

When you get a Touch Pro 2 you'll understand why the Touch Pro sucks!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
When you get a Touch Pro 2 you'll understand why the Touch Pro sucks!!!
I agree....but for now since I have no issues with my TP ill keep it. (I will not intentionally "drop" my phone just to see if there is a chance they replace it with TP2 LOL)
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
I agree....but for now since I have no issues with my TP ill keep it. (I will not intentionally "drop" my phone just to see if there is a chance they replace it with TP2 LOL)
haha why not. pretend your a rockstar with his guitar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro