PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

RJSinMO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I've definately got a TP and NOT a TP2. It has Win6.1, but I assume everyone else does too.

This is my first download of the Android stuff, so should't be anything old lingering. But, yes, my problem sounds exactly like the issues the TP2's are having.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well now thats interesting. windows has never mattered before but i think pretty much everyone is running 6.5 these days. but like i said, should not make a difference.

i would suggest maybe deleting the data.img and trying again to see if it does anything different.

also make sure you download the newest zimage and rootfs.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJSinMO View Post
I just downloaded the all in one package and installed for the first time. So, I have the latest of everything (in theory). I have some problems and have searched through this thread.

First, my mic isn't working, do we still have to start a call before starting haret? Is that everytime or just once?

And, basically no sounds work. If I go into the ringtones area and try to touch ringtones at all, it hangs and the program crashes. Same thing for music, it hangs and crashes. Incomign call has no ringer right now.

Any of the voice command things, like voice search also crash.

BTW, on my initial setup, my wifi was working, but data wasn't. Once it finished its setup, I did the fix for the data connection (Spring) and it works now, and wifi doesn't (says it can't start). Is there some conflict to having them both working?
Mic isn't working for phone calls, or mic isn't working for voice recording type things? I'm not entirely sure whether the latter works, but the former works without any issues (i.e. no need to start a call before booting), and has for a while, so I'm not sure what's up if you're having problems there.

I have had the issue where opening the ringtones dialog would crash the system... unfortunately, it was long ago, and I don't remember what fixed it. My intuition says it was either a corrupt/badly named file on the sdcard causing the media scanner to crap out, or some sort of adsp call hanging the system. If it's the former... try a fresh sd card with nothing else on it (and a fresh data.img). If it's the latter... make sure you're using the same version of all the files as the other folks here (and again, try a fresh data.img). I guess the only way to determine which it is would be to pore over logcat and dmesg output... so maybe just try those two things first.

Wifi and cellular data coexist happily on most people's phones... though neither is totally stable, so maybe you were just experiencing some sort of transient hiccup. Sounds like you've hit a lot of them -- not sure why.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

somken is a n00b

Found a ghetto bug. Hold FN + the right arrow key. >_<
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (RAPH 500)
Carrier: Verizon

x4osw0n is a n00b

interesting... just updated this build with the files from the xdandroid build. Works great so far (10 minutes or so). noticeably faster build, everything is a bit more responsive. No crashiness yet (updated status on foursquare, tinkered with maps, car home, some other misc apps). This is the build from 6/21.

changelog:

Updated build.prop
Updated Launcherpro to latest
Added libspeech for voice search support
Added 3D driver for 3D support
Removed Advanced Task killer

(tested on the RAPH 500)

Last edited by x4osw0n; 06-23-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Forgot Model
Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
N00b

x4osw0n is a n00b

Still too slow to answer when called (especially from sleep). Rings 4 to 5 times before the phone even registers a call, so by the time you realize you have an inbound call it's probably already in your voicemail.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4osw0n View Post
Still too slow to answer when called (especially from sleep). Rings 4 to 5 times before the phone even registers a call, so by the time you realize you have an inbound call it's probably already in your voicemail.
Yea... no one is encouraging you to run this full time... I certainly don't. I'd love to, but there's too many showstoppers like this that cause me to only use Android for testing. It's made known that this project is for TESTING purposes only. Use at your own risk... Just like any ROM here really, just a lot less stable :P
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
N00b

x4osw0n is a n00b

Still can't pair bluetooth headset (Jabra) to it. I think the Jabra headset uses a 0000 pin which is the issue. Is there a default pin in one of the bt config files that we can adjust?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
N00b

x4osw0n is a n00b

Oh I know; I leave it running when I am at my desk at work because I am not really supposed to get personal phone calls anyway, so it's fine for that. This build does run a touch warmer too. Outside of general sluggishness and abyssmal battery life (though at this stage its not a lot better in winmo) its pretty close to functional for me. I do of course have some serious envy for my wife's native android phone (eris) and how quick and smooth everything is there, but hey I make due.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

RJSinMO is a n00b

Quote:
Mic isn't working for phone calls, or mic isn't working for voice recording type things?
mic isn't working for phone calls. I can hear them, they can't hear me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux