PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
It's weird because it booted up before fine, but now it just freezes.
If it booted before using the current AIO, try a different card.

If it booted before using an older AIO, replace components until it starts working. Delete data.img for each attempt. Start by replacing zImage, modules-*, startup.txt. Next try rootfs.img, initrd.gz. And so on.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

bechard is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tach View Post
Looks like everything is basically on it's own line. there is a line break after the ramsize value, after that, from set ramaddr on is one line.

I found the AIO package from 5-11. I'll start with that and slowly replace items from the new AIO. I'll update what I can if i find the problem item.

Solution for my RAPH800 haret.exe freezing: I found that replacing the initrd.gz with the latest (provided as a link in post 1) took care of it. To be honest i'm a little confused, i believe the version packed in the latest AIO is the same that i downloaded, but I've successfully booted into XDandroid! Thanks for the help hamagc and sfhub, got me pointed in the right direction. Great advice!
I have Haret freezing too. If I reboot WinMo, I can run Haret again and it works. Seems If WinMo's been running for more than a few minutes Haret freezes. Fresh restart always gets it to work for me. I'm using the latest initrd.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mrkite38 is a n00b

Anyone have an up-to-date donut setup available? I downloaded the files from the xda wiki but as I try to roll the kernel and rootfs forward I get problems.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

makk:
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-froyo-needed/

any ideas?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

daman1215 is a n00b

Wondering if anyone out there has a Verizon Raph500 that used the new all-in-one package from the 13th and got everything to work. I am new at this but I know how to read and the instructions stated that I would see 4 folders and 12 files, I only have seven. Where do I begin to look to figure this out and how I didn't get all 12 to show up?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro

MattMojo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by daman1215 View Post
Wondering if anyone out there has a Verizon Raph500 that used the new all-in-one package from the 13th and got everything to work. I am new at this but I know how to read and the instructions stated that I would see 4 folders and 12 files, I only have seven. Where do I begin to look to figure this out and how I didn't get all 12 to show up?
I got it to run. just follow the directions on the first page. Basic extract all the files - copy the andboot folder to your storage card - select the startup config file for your phone and copy it to the andboot folder root and launch haret...

everything worked for me -- the data required that I add the apn for it to work; but everything else worked fine.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

7 files?

in windows? are any of the files hidden files? do you have your computer setup to show hidden files?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there something special that needs to be done to get adb working?

I have the toolkit and the usb drivers ready to be installed, but when I plug in the phone, windows doesn't give any indication of recognizing the device so I have no opportunity to install the drivers.

On the phone side, I can see that it understands it is being plugged in because the dmesg shows hsusb OFFLINE --> ONLINE.

ps indicated adbd is running.

I tried setting debug.adb.usb to 1, rebooting, and verifying it was set to 1, but it didn't make a difference.

I tried running usbdeview on windows side and getting rid of HTC drivers, but none were installed.

I'm using the 6/6/2010 kernel currently. I initially was using the 6/14/2010 kernel, but noticed there were some USB changes there so I went to the older kernel to see if it made any difference.

I noticed that usb0 usb ether was up, so I tried ifconfig usb0 down. That was successful in shutting down usb_ether, but had no effect on recognizing the device in windows.

I have had echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_function_switch in my eclair.user.conf the whole time, which I understand changes the USB device from multi-device mode to single.

On the phone side, this is what I see when plugging in the usb cable
Code:
hsusb: OFFLINE -> ONLINE
hsusb: reset controller
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x48, var: 0x4
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x10, var: 0x3A
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x10, var: 0x3B
usb: notify offline
I think my main problem is the device isn't recognized under windows and once I get past that point everything will work fine.

I tried 2 different usb cables. The primary cable I was trying worked fine for sd card transfers so I think it is fine, but tried another cable anyway.

Last edited by sfhub; 06-17-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

how funny, i was trying to get this going this morning so i could move some apk's for flash from my computer to xdandroid. couldn't get it to connect either. adb.exe devices came up empty.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

daman1215 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
7 files?

in windows? are any of the files hidden files? do you have your computer setup to show hidden files?

I did not know that I should be looking for hidden files before sending it over to the sd card. Anything else I can or should be looking for too?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux