View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Is there something special that needs to be done to get adb working?

I have the toolkit and the usb drivers ready to be installed, but when I plug in the phone, windows doesn't give any indication of recognizing the device so I have no opportunity to install the drivers.

On the phone side, I can see that it understands it is being plugged in because the dmesg shows hsusb OFFLINE --> ONLINE.

ps indicated adbd is running.

I tried setting debug.adb.usb to 1, rebooting, and verifying it was set to 1, but it didn't make a difference.

I tried running usbdeview on windows side and getting rid of HTC drivers, but none were installed.

I'm using the 6/6/2010 kernel currently. I initially was using the 6/14/2010 kernel, but noticed there were some USB changes there so I went to the older kernel to see if it made any difference.

I noticed that usb0 usb ether was up, so I tried ifconfig usb0 down. That was successful in shutting down usb_ether, but had no effect on recognizing the device in windows.

I have had echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/usb_function_switch in my eclair.user.conf the whole time, which I understand changes the USB device from multi-device mode to single.

On the phone side, this is what I see when plugging in the usb cable
Code:
hsusb: OFFLINE -> ONLINE
hsusb: reset controller
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x48, var: 0x4
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x10, var: 0x3A
ulpi_write: timeout: reg: 0x10, var: 0x3B
usb: notify offline
I think my main problem is the device isn't recognized under windows and once I get past that point everything will work fine.

I tried 2 different usb cables. The primary cable I was trying worked fine for sd card transfers so I think it is fine, but tried another cable anyway.

Last edited by sfhub; 06-17-2010 at 03:53 PM.