View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJSinMO View Post
I just downloaded the all in one package and installed for the first time. So, I have the latest of everything (in theory). I have some problems and have searched through this thread.

First, my mic isn't working, do we still have to start a call before starting haret? Is that everytime or just once?

And, basically no sounds work. If I go into the ringtones area and try to touch ringtones at all, it hangs and the program crashes. Same thing for music, it hangs and crashes. Incomign call has no ringer right now.

Any of the voice command things, like voice search also crash.

BTW, on my initial setup, my wifi was working, but data wasn't. Once it finished its setup, I did the fix for the data connection (Spring) and it works now, and wifi doesn't (says it can't start). Is there some conflict to having them both working?
Mic isn't working for phone calls, or mic isn't working for voice recording type things? I'm not entirely sure whether the latter works, but the former works without any issues (i.e. no need to start a call before booting), and has for a while, so I'm not sure what's up if you're having problems there.

I have had the issue where opening the ringtones dialog would crash the system... unfortunately, it was long ago, and I don't remember what fixed it. My intuition says it was either a corrupt/badly named file on the sdcard causing the media scanner to crap out, or some sort of adsp call hanging the system. If it's the former... try a fresh sd card with nothing else on it (and a fresh data.img). If it's the latter... make sure you're using the same version of all the files as the other folks here (and again, try a fresh data.img). I guess the only way to determine which it is would be to pore over logcat and dmesg output... so maybe just try those two things first.

Wifi and cellular data coexist happily on most people's phones... though neither is totally stable, so maybe you were just experiencing some sort of transient hiccup. Sounds like you've hit a lot of them -- not sure why.