PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

The battery should no longer be reporting 5%. You'd either have to have an old kernel, or the kernel from the wrong place for that to happen. Did you download the kernel from the first post of this thread?

im using the kernel from the first post an the phone thinks its charging at the lock screen it would say charging 33% is there something i did wrong ? an the dual boot thingy does not work for some reason...ill elaborate if theres not a direct answer...thank$$$$
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't know that anyone using a CDMA device has even tried the Gen.Y Dualboot program. So I have no idea if it works or not, and why or why not.

The battery will always say charging; that is a known bug. But it should not always report 5%; that is a bug that has been resolved.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

bechard is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I don't know that anyone using a CDMA device has even tried the Gen.Y Dualboot program. So I have no idea if it works or not, and why or why not.

The battery will always say charging; that is a known bug. But it should not always report 5%; that is a bug that has been resolved.

I use Gen Y Dual Boot on my CDMA Telus Touch Pro, works great, just start voicemail before you run it to get the mic to work in Android.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Unfortunately, Sense UI is not so easy (see above). Making more pages for the home screen is probably relatively easy (once you get past the hurdle of learning how to modify the system image), but I don't know how to do it. Another option is to find an app in the market that modifies the home screen to have more panels. I don't know that such a thing exists, but I'd guess that it does.
I've poked around the system image but I didn't find anything for home screens but i'll keep looking. I was thinking I'd love to have 4-5 like the Cliq.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bechard View Post
I use Gen Y Dual Boot on my CDMA Telus Touch Pro, works great, just start voicemail before you run it to get the mic to work in Android.
can you tell me the step the way you got the dualboot to work...an whats the best way to switch from android back to wm vice versa with out soft reseting with the button...an i notice i had my phone running the android for a few hours an when i soft reseted back to wm i had a voice mail...how would i get my contact in android??? thank$$$$
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

bechard is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourborfrombk View Post
can you tell me the step the way you got the dualboot to work...an whats the best way to switch from android back to wm vice versa with out soft reseting with the button...an i notice i had my phone running the android for a few hours an when i soft reseted back to wm i had a voice mail...how would i get my contact in android??? thank$$$$
I use Activesync with Google for Contacts, Email, and Calendar in WM and Android, so everything is working in both.

Make sure you install GenY Dual Boot to device, and not SD card, or it throws errors.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800 (Touch Pro)

artlan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
I've poked around the system image but I didn't find anything for home screens but i'll keep looking. I was thinking I'd love to have 4-5 like the Cliq.
Programs like Home++ and GDE allow you to create more home screens. PandaHome also gives you expandable side panels. Look them up in google or the Market.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

i have been waiting on this to come around for quite a while now. just flashed to dcd's latest and run this on top of it. it seems to be working just fine. if they can get the camera, gps, and battery fixed i think i could use it instead of WM. the battery just drains so damn fast lol.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

spectator is a n00b

Thanks to makkonen and everyone else who has helped with the development of android on the touch pro! It's amazing how much progress has been made so far, and how usable the android OS is!

That said, does anyone know which file specifically enables the 2nd memory bank? I haven't been able to get any newer builds working since the 1/31 build, and I think enabling the 2nd memory bank may be the reason for my problems. I no good at reading the debug builds, but I have those available.

Currently, I've tried newer builds with, and without, removing the old data.img file. Neither seems to work, usually ending with a kernel panic and lockup, or more often, tons of read errors (from the squash file system). If anybody has any ideas on how to fix it, I'd be grateful.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

gandham is a n00b

[QUOTE=yourborfrombk;1545962]The battery should no longer be reporting 5%. You'd either have to have an old kernel, or the kernel from the wrong place for that to happen. Did you download the kernel from the first post of this thread?

I am also using the kernel from first page dated 02-04-10.. The start screen shows 5% charging.. Anything else i can do to show real battery status?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux