PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgun65 View Post
Just a note, I'm on USCC and data is working fine on the 1-16 build. I've been able to download apps from the marketplace, check email, etc. The UI definitely seems snappier, but I have had a few spontaneous reboots.

Just keeps getting better!

CDMA data or Wifi. Wifi has always worked for me. If its CDMA data, are you using the stock radio or have you loaded one of the Sprint or Verizon ones?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Damn. You're sure you have the username and password correct? (Not sure how you'd test that... I guess some sort of dial up networking connection through windows mobile?) I don't know of anywhere else you'd have to change settings. But, then again, I haven't looked too closely at it. I'm sort of out of ideas on that one. except searching for vogue android users who have experience with cdma data connections that require a password.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check over in those forums.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work
Re: The good, the bad and the ugly

Quote:
Sorry, I missed responding to this earlier. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think the market crashes are due to memory, because it seems that the market is less likely to cause a crash if it's downloading over Wifi than if it's using cdma data. This is only my experience with a sample size of 1, so it's really nothing more than a hunch. I can confirm those crashes, though, and they are very vexing.

I haven't noticed the problems with call quality degrading -- but I've never run for long enough to get more than 2 or 3 calls, so I wouldn't have, anyway.

Re: Apps sucking up memory, I'm sure you've noticed that the newest XDANDROID build has removed basically every extraneous app, which seems to help a bit.

The FSCK files that show up on the sd card are nothing to worry about. If you have a keen eye at boot time, you can see that there's a DOSFSCK that runs before anything is done with the sdcard. It invariable creates one of those files, even if there is no damage. Then the regular fsck runs on the mounted data.img (which does tend to throw errors, because it's never cleanly unmounted; but hey, that's what fsck is for).

As far as running from a partition on the sd card, I've read about it in the Vogue forum on XDA, and in glancing at the init script on the XDANDROID rootfs, it has some checks in place to mount from a partition (I assume since the eclair build was ported from Zenulator's Vogue version). I haven't heard of anyone bothering to do it on RAPH/DIAM/etc, and would guess that there's a few more pieces that have to be put in place for it to work correctly, though..
Ok I can actually second this one. I've noticed that too. And it is really annoying if It does it and I am some place where I can't turn on wifi real quick. because soon as I get back in it re-downloads the file and it restarts. I've poked around in the rootfs.img and system.sqfs and there really isn't any *nix style file system there. is most of the config stuff done kernel based?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i cant get past the touch android page. i replaced the .conf file with the new one after erasing .txt and it still doesn't work. can anyone help me?

EDIT: nvm i got past it but now i cant type in my google info cuz "u" doesnt work grrrr
nvm. all seems fine now. i dunno wat was wrong with initial boot. and this is so awesome! cant wait to show my bro in law. he'll be drooling over my phone now lol

Last edited by TweetyBear; 01-18-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

clayof2day is a n00b

Definitely the most usable package yet! Loving the progress! I have noticed that the accelerometer doesn't seem to function as well in the newest build, though. Weird. I tried disabling and re-enabling it, but that trick doesn't seem to work as well as it once did. I can get it to switch from portrait to landscape, but it doesn't ever want to come back. Weird.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

I've been on android since 8:30 last night and it's still going strong usually it freezes over night. great new build!
DANG IT! "Weather bug"(the app) just broke my 14 hour streak!

Last edited by Yibrushn; 01-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cellular South

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

Mines been running fine to, the 5% battery for 3 hours yesterday before i got the newest kernel was funny. Mine didnt make it over nite, i woke up at 6:45 this morning to my windows alarm clock.

But installed open home and using some hero skins. It seems to be doing its best keep up the good work. Cant wait till camera and bluetooth work and im dumping windows except for memory card and modifying android files once and for all.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
bzo
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 / Diamond

bzo is keeping up the good workbzo is keeping up the good work
Re: The good, the bad and the ugly

Quote:
As far as running from a partition on the sd card, I've read about it in the Vogue forum on XDA, and in glancing at the init script on the XDANDROID rootfs, it has some checks in place to mount from a partition (I assume since the eclair build was ported from Zenulator's Vogue version). I haven't heard of anyone bothering to do it on RAPH/DIAM/etc, and would guess that there's a few more pieces that have to be put in place for it to work correctly, though..
I'm running on a Vogue right now, and running directly from an SD ext2 partion does provide a nice performance boost. It's also handy for tweaking files directly without rebuilding the sqsh. Given the frequent updates right now, it may be more trouble than it's worth for most users until things get a bit more stable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung transform
Carrier: sprint

sugarkoalo2 is a n00b

i am having problems with sending text messages? i can receive them fine but when i send them no body gets them...im with us cellular. and also i cannot get data to work either? anyone with tricks up their sleeves let me know as i LOVE android...great job to those still working on the cdma versions!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

shakacamp400 is a n00b

ok im confused i put it on my memory card then it loads and keeps sayin waitin for sd card for like ever do i put the files straight on my memory card directory or do i leAVE THEM IN THE FOLDER AN JUST PUT THEM ON THERE HEEELLLPPP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux