PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

shakacamp400 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
Everything stays in your SD card main folder. Also check to make sure you are using the modules/zimage/rootfs from this site and not the one that comes with the complete package.
ok now it keeps sayin its failin or sum an jus keeps blinkin so alright do i jus ciopy over the folder that i extract to my sd or do i copy over the files that i extract directly on to my storage card
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tankdogg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
@ tankdogg i thought GPS wasnt working yet??
I thought the same thing, but when I use google maps it is definitely giving me my correct location.
Was just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Last edited by tankdogg; 01-19-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: china telecom

wzkai is a n00b

the android phone how to connect computer with USB? USB driver has been installed, but it is still not work.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: ChinaTelecom

Vincentchan is a n00b

Would you add sms encoding setting support? And apn setting not work--cannot edit exists apn or add new one. Anyway,good job!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzkai View Post
the android phone how to connect computer with USB? USB driver has been installed, but it is still not work.
I've not been able to connect via USB. Mass Storage mode is turned off in order to have data working (due to some weird bug). ADB mode is enabled, but I have not gotten the drivers working in Windows 7. Some people have said they've been able to connect via Mac and Linux, I believe.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok tested out with the newest package. went onto the market and downloaded spades and played a game. the screen wants to randomly go from landscape to portrait mode. after a few times, the alignment went off on the cards and i couldn't play any longer.

much improved over the last package i tested!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Go into Settings -> Sound and Display and turn off the orientation checkbox, unless you really need to turn the phone sideways sometimes. I find it's more trouble than it's worth with the accelerometer being mapped strangely.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

will try it out and report back!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch, Mogul

smarcin is a n00b

I'm testing with the newest package. The screen calibration is WAY off for me. It was near perfect with the the files from 1-16. I did delete the data.img, when adding the new files. Then, when it wasn't working well, I formatted and added back the new files, with the parts from earlier (1-16?). The screen is still off. So badly that I can't even unlock it. I thought maybe it was the file that was labeled "calibration." I deleted that. No go for me. I really wanted to test this out with calls. Not possible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sally
Old 01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcin View Post
I'm testing with the newest package. The screen calibration is WAY off for me. It was near perfect with the the files from 1-16. I did delete the data.img, when adding the new files. Then, when it wasn't working well, I formatted and added back the new files, with the parts from earlier (1-16?). The screen is still off. So badly that I can't even unlock it. I thought maybe it was the file that was labeled "calibration." I deleted that. No go for me. I really wanted to test this out with calls. Not possible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sally
Make sure you down load the "eclair.user.conf.txt" file from the first page. then delete the ".txt" to change the file to "eclair.user.conf" and put it into the "conf" folder.

Last edited by Yibrushn; 01-19-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarifying

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux